64

I wake up to a message from Nate.

"Alrii Maddie I g2g to grinds so I'll b bak ya I'll txt u when its ova alrii love u."

I smile and don't reply. He's probably already there, being that he sent this message about an hour ago. I get up and take a shower getting ready.

I'm going to stop by at my fathers house today and talk to him about a flight to Ireland. He's the only one I can talk to about this, without getting yelled at. And I know he supports Nate and I together, and that's a really great feeling.

I get out the shower and look through my closet. I slip into a simple white dress and blue Toms. As I'm doing my makeup, my phone rings.

"Ya hello?"

I put my phone on speaker and continue with my Mascara.

"Maddie! Heyyyy oh my god you're home." He says with a slur.

Donavin is such a loser.

"Yes I'm home. Why do you sound like that?"

"Sound like what! I'm just livin life."

Again. He's a loser.

"Alrigh well why do you need me?"

"I'm sorta lost."

"Where the hell are you?"

"I think in the Bronx."

Fuck. I hate going there that's where we used to live and there's always drug dealers and all. It's pretty ghetto, and don't get me wrong.. I can be ghetto sometimes but the Bronx is just another level.

"Well too bad."

"Maddie please I can't get home and my friends left."

"You don't have any friends Don, Imaginary things can't leave." I laugh.

"Fuck you."

"Oh? Then Guess who's walkin home."

"Nah Maddie I'm kidding come on."

"Ugh fine. Text me the street address and I'll be on my way."

I hang up and take my time getting ready. I pick up my curls in a high bun and put on my Lucky charm bracelet. Hopefully I get lucky with a yes for that plane ticket.

I walk downstairs and see my mom.

"Maddie what's the occasion?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look so pretty." she says in amazement.

Damn so when I'm not in a dress I don't look pretty? Thanks mom lmao.

"Ehh thanks. But it's just casual, I'm goin to pick up Donavin and then go to dads house."

I go into the kitchen and grab an apple.

"Where's your brother?"

I feel like tellin her he's wasted and completely lost his damn mind, but I cover for him instead. Knowing he'd do the same.

"He's at a friends place but their car broke down so he doesn't have a way back."

She raises her eyebrow.

"So how do you plan to get him?"

"Ehh.. maybe I can... borrow your car..?"

"Madison.."

"Ma you can't really be scared. You took me practice drivin more than a few times yourself and said I was good."

"Fine fine if there's so much as a scratch I'll..-"