10

Nathan's POV

God she's beautiful. I put down my phone and lay in my bed looking up at the ceiling. She probably thinks I've gone mad for sending her those flowers. But she drives me mad in all the right ways. Am I weird for thinking of her this much? She probably doesn't think of me.

*buzz buzz*

Could that be her?

I unlock my phone and an instant smile appears on my face. I'm such a softie for this girl.

"Hey Nate how's u :]"

I wish I could see her smile right now. Maybe even hear her voice. But I'm supposed to be studying and with my parents on my ass it's not good to mention there's a girl in the picture.
It probably won't even be that serious. I can tell she's curious about a lot of things involving me. I'm trying to let her in slowly but I'm definitely not going to give her all of me in one shot.

Last time I met a girl online I gave her my all. She knew what I looked like from the beginning, knew what I sounded like after two weeks knowing each other, I gave her my heart. And she left. No goodbye nothing, she was gone. I'm not going to let that happen again. Although I get a strange feeling Madison is so much more unique than the other girls I've encountered. I can't help but..trust her? Maybe I don't know.

I've never made any girl my official girlfriend. Reasons why? Well I guess they didn't feel official. I didn't feel right. Besides they wanted me for all the wrong reasons anyway.

I might ask Madison. I mean it has been a year, but can she do the long distance thing? I know I can. I'd do anything for this girl no matter what. But I can't let her know that yet. She might try and break me right when she gets the chance.

The only way not to get your heart broken is by pretending you don't have one. But with her, I have a feeling that's impossible. I hear my father knock on the door and I sit up straight and pretend to flip through the pages of my book.

"Ya come in." I sit awkwardly and wait for him to walk in.

"Everything good here? How's studying?" He says poking his head through the doorway.

"Ya pa everything is grand."

"Alright keep it up. I'll call you when dinner is ready." And he slips out the door.

Being Indian Malaysian and Irish is weird. I got the typical Indian parents living on Irish grounds far far away from my love...