Chapter 84

It's been a year since the last update, sorry ;)

M: Soft minimal descriptive smut

That morning Chaesol woke up feeling like a wreck. The last couple of days had been so awkward with Handong that it was painful. After what happened the last time between them the Chinese girl was acting really cold and Chaesol knew it was because of what she said to Handong. She wanted to fix it that same day but when she walked downstairs Minji was there and they just acted normal in front of her, they talked and had fun, but as soon as the vampire left, things just got back to being awkward and she didn't find the courage to bring up the topic after that. She stood up from her bed and left her room, walking to Handong's door and knocking on it softly.

"I'll make breakfast in 5, Chae. Just wait downstairs" A sleepy voice replied, not saying anything else.

Chaesol sighed, turning around to leave and changing her mind right after. She turned around again and lifted her hand and clenched her fist to knock again, stopping for a couple of seconds before actually doing it.

"I... I can cook breakfast this morning" she said, cursing herself because it wasn't what she was supposed to say.

"That's nice, I'll be able to stay in bed longer then. Just put it on a plate for me" the Chinese replied.

"I was... I was hoping we could have breakfast together this morning" the girl nervously replied, since the last two days Handong prepared breakfast and found excuses to eat earlier or later than her. And Chaesol never said anything because she felt like she had no right to.

"Why? It's just eating, Chaesol. It's not like I need to help you eat"

"I-... Y- You're right. I'm sorry" Chaesol whispered, stepping back from the door and walking towards the stairs. She didn't want to push Handong to spend time with her and she felt like she really messed up, ruining everything. "I will... I will go back to the hunters' place this afternoon... so you won't have to deal with this anymore" she said, walking downstairs and into the kitchen.

A few minutes later Chaesol had put everything on the table and sat down to have breakfast when Handong appeared in the doorway.

"I don't know if the hunters are home already. You're free to stay" Handong said, startlin the girl.

"I texted Yuyu, they're not home but she said I can still use the room if I need to... I'll go this afternoon to take the keys" Chaesol replied, looking down at her plate.

"I don't want you to be alone there" The Chinese girl replied, sitting down at the table.

"Elkie is gone, Handong. No one will kidnap me, you don't have to worry" Chaesol replied, taking another bite of food. "Your breakfast is there" she added, pointing at the plate on the counter.

"That wasn't my point. I don't want you to be alone without company" Handong clarified herself, and the same was true for her. She didn't want to be alone.

"It wouldn't be different from here" Chaesol replied, raising her head and looking at the Chinese girl. "You've been avoiding me for two days... I literally live here and I barely saw you. We used to eat together and now you... you run away from the table every time I'm in the kitchen. So I'll just go... I don't want to put you through this"

"You didn't want to move too fast, you said. I just stayed away so we wouldn't suffocate each other"

"For 'not too fast' I meant let's not end up in bed together... not 'let's avoid each other completely', Handong" Chaesol whispered, putting her fork down.

"You act like it's my fault that we did that! We didn't even do anything too far, Chaesol. You said it felt right and then after you basically regretted it" Handong countered.