Chapter 103

New fanart on the first page of the wattpad version of the story (Both aff and ao3 are pretty bad at pictures)
Thanks to @IncorrectJiyoo on twitter

After Minji's discovery about Jiwoo being with the Nightshades the group decided to let her calm down for a little while and then discuss everything in a meeting. Everyone was already downstairs and the situation was far from good. Bora was still injured, Yubin was still shocked by having to torture a woman and Minji and Siyeon were shocked because of the news the Nightshade gave them. The oldest vampire looked at the group and she honestly couldn't find anything comforting to say... everyone was worried and she had no comforting words for them.

"It's been hard but the vampire we captured told us something" Minji started, looking at her hands.

Everyone in the room was dead silent and focussed on Minji. They knew one of the big fish was in their basement so if she talked, a lot of things probably got revealed.

"W-what did she s-say?" Yoohyeon stuttered, reaching for Minji's hand.

"Not too much, unfortunately. She's a key figure... a high ranked Nightshade and she's called 'The Captor'. As you know, the vampires we killed in the mission were of the Moonlight's Clan and she was the one who captured them and trained them. But I don't want any of you to feel bad about this... we had no other choice. They would have killed us if they had the chance and we had to defend ourselves" Minji explained.

Siyeon turned to Gahyeon who seemed pretty shocked by the news and she smiled at her.

"There was no other way, little sis. If there was, we would've solved it peacefully" she reassured her.

Gahyeon nodded her head, snuggling a little bit closer to her sister, giving all her attention to Minji, just like everybody else in the room.

"We know there are other key figures, but we don't know how many" the oldest vampire kept explaining. "What we know is that every key figure has their own role and their whole sub-group... and they don't know each other's roles or plans. The only one who knows that is the one who's in charge of the communication between them. She knows all the key figures and probably all the plans. She's not a key figure herself but she's called 'The Messenger' " Minji said, whispering the last part.

"Seems like they are very original with their names" Bora said, still lying on the couch. "Where do we find this person so we can capture her and get this over with?"

"The answer is simple, Bora. We have no idea how to find her and... even if we knew exactly where she was... we wouldn't have a single chance of capturing her" Minji explained, locking eyes with Bora. "She's the fast vampire I know after Siyeon's mother"

"W-wait... that woman in the captor's group... was she... t-the Messenger then?" The blue haired hunter asked, still a bit shaken up, scratching her arm nervously. "Is she t-that friend you mentioned?"

"She is. Yoohyeon already knows about this but I owe an explanation to you Yubin and Bora and Gahyeon" Minji said, looking at them. "Her name is Jiwoo and she was... an older sister for both of us. Siyeon's mother was her mentor so Siyeon spent a lot of time with her and Jiwoo also was one of the guards of the arena where I trained. She helped me in so many ways I can't even start to explain that. She offered me blood when they were starving me, knowing that getting caught would mean to die... but mostly, when one day I decided I had enough and I decided to attack the village, they sent three guards to get Siyeon. I didn't ask anything to her but Jiwoo made sure to protect Siyeon from them and she made us escape"

"Then why would she turn against you? Why would your friend join the Nightshades knowing she was going up against you? She risked her life for you, why doesn't she join us?" The pink haired vampire questioned with a little pout.