Chapter 154

Later that night Adira was resting in the room in the basement, trying to sleep now that she was finally safe. She had fallen asleep thinking about the fact that Siyeon, Jiwoo and Minji were safe and sound and it helped her relax.

She rolled around in the bed, feeling a sharp pain at her wrists because of the silver restraint and that pain, in that exact moment, was all it took. She slammed the restraint against the wall, desperately trying to break them as she growled loudly.

Jiwoo who was only half asleep in the room she was allowed to stay in heard the weird noises downstairs and slowly sat up in the bed, rubbing her eyes. She stood up and opened the door to walk towards the source of sound to find out what it was.

Adira instantly stood up and growled loudly, locking eyes with the younger vampire.

"Take these off! Now!" She hissed, letting her fangs out.

"Adira?" the younger vampire asked, still a little bit sleepy. "Is everything okay?"

"I said take these off!" the older vampire growled, moving closer. "Now!"

"Hey, calm down" Jiwoo whispered, a little surprised by the harsh tone she was using. "What happened?"

Adira didn't reply, she just locked eyes with the younger vampire before she started slamming her wrists against the wall again, looking panicked.

"Adira, hey, it's me, Jiwoo" the black and red haired vampire tried again, trying to get through to her because something was clearly wrong.

Adira looked at her and as soon as Jiwoo stepped closer, the black haired vampire put herself into a fighting position even though her wrists were still tied together.

"Don't!" She screamed, looking at her. "W-Where are the others? I didn't do... anything wrong"

"Of course you didn't do anything wrong, I just came to check a weird sound" Jiwoo reassured her. "The others are sleeping"

"They never sleep at night! Y-You always come here together because one of you can't beat me up on its own" Adira hissed, moving closer to Jiwoo.

"Beat you up? It's me, Jiwoo, I'm not here to beat you up" the younger vampire spoke in a soft tone, feeling a bit bad at hearing what Adira said. Some awful things clearly happened to her.

"Stop using her and Siyeon's name!" The black haired woman hissed, jumping on Jiwoo and tackling her down on the ground. "You won't get to Jiwoo or Siyeon!"

"Hey, calm down! It's me!" Jiwoo kept her calm voice, knowing that yelling or even raising it would just work against her in this situation.

Adira locked eyes with Jiwoo, showing her fangs to her and quickly glancing behind her back to be sure that no one else was there to attack her.

"Adira hey, snap out of it" Jiwoo pleaded, trying to grab the woman's wrists to keep her from hurting her, she would regret it later if that happened.

As soon as Adira felt fingers wrapping around her wrists, she stood up and jumped back, crouching down in the corner of the room and looking around with panicked eyes, looking completely out of it.

"What the hell did they do to you" Jiwoo mumbled to herself, feeling her heart sting at the sight of the woman who she could basically call her mother. She slowly tried to approach her again, hoping she wouldn't get startled.

"No, please" Adira whispered, sitting down and hiding her face against her knees, covering her head with her arms.

"It's okay, no one is here to hurt you. It's just me, see" the younger vampire smiled, holding up her hands and getting a bit closer.