Chapter 168

The day after the mission, everyone slept in at the vampires' place. Alex fell asleep with Chaesol and Handong in the main bedroom, Gahyeon brought Yubin to her room where they slept all night and Adira was still in the basement.

Lena and Jiwoo were staying on the couch and luckily the vampire was able to sleep all night, without waking up not even once... at least until morning. While Lena was still sleeping, Jiwoo shot up on the couch, panting hard.

Even though she didn't show it yesterday, she was terrified when she was in the room full of water. She decided to be strong for everyone after the mission, but she woke up just now, dreaming she was in that room. That's why she was panting hard because she felt the water had filled her lungs again.

"Y-Yubin?" She mumbled, looking around to check on the girl but realizing she wasn't in the room full of water anymore. She was home, safe, and Yubin was sleeping in Gahyeon's room, also safe. Jiwoo let out a sigh of relief and slowly laid back down, realizing Lena was there.

She remembered that the woman was already sleeping as they came home yesterday and somehow she had decided to cuddle up with her. Even though she knew she probably shouldn't.

She debated about what to do and she had two possibilities. Stand up and walk away now so that Lena would never know or just let this happen. She looked at Lena's features and she snuggled closer, deciding to hug her. She had almost died and now she just wanted to feel safe in someone's arms"

A few minutes later, Lena started to shift, mainly because the lays of sunlight that fell through the curtains landed straight on her face.

"Lena?" Jiwoo called softly, caressing her arm.

The black haired girl grumbled a little bit, not fully awake yet and unconsciously pushing her body back into Jiwoo.

The black and red haired woman smiled a little, wrapping her arm around Lena's waist and pecking the back of her neck.

Lena hummed at the kiss, her brain not yet processing where she was and whom she was with. Yesterday she had stayed up really late, hoping to be able to see Jiwoo... but she failed.

Jiwoo couldn't help but smile again at hearing Lena hum in satisfaction at the kiss. She hadn't felt like this in a long time... she was starting to feel as if Lena was hers. At the thought of it, the marks on her neck started burning all of the sudden, making her flinch.

"Is she-... is she back yet?" Lena whispered in a sleepy and hoarse voice. Way deeper than Jiwoo expected to come out of her.

"Who?" Jiwoo asked, even though she knew who she was talking about. "Are you worried?"

"Yes... Jiwoo was going on a dangerous... mission" the younger woman yawned, not able to get her eyes open yet.

"Did you give her a reason to come back?" Jiwoo asked in a whisper, ignoring the burning feeling on her neck. Lena needed to think a little bit for that question which was really hard with how mushy her brain felt.

"I hope I did? I don't know" she whispered after a while.

"You did" the black and red haired woman whispered, kissing Lena's neck softly. "That's probably what prevented her from losing hope when she was drowning"

"Drowning?" Lena asked in a worried tone as her eyes suddenly shot open, turning around to see who she had been talking to the whole time. "J-Jiwoo?"

"I'm back" the vampire whispered, smiling at her. "And I'm safe"

Instead of answering, the human wrapped her arms around the vampire, melting into the hug for a little bit.

"I'm happy you are back... safe and sound"