Chapter 153

After having given Elkie a proper burial in front of the now collapsed arena, Yubin and Gahyeon went back to the cars as everyone drove home. The group dropped Chaesol at Handong's bar while the others decided to go to the vampires' house with everyone else. Minji and Yoohyeon, after having put Adira in the bed in the basement, decided to watch a movie together with Siyeon, Bora and Gahyeon while Yubin and Jiwoo decided to go rest upstairs. Yubin in Gahyeon's room and Jiwoo would join her after putting the Moonlight in the master bedroom.

As she made sure that the Moonlight was fine, Jiwoo entered Gahyeon's room, where Yubin was laying down. The older vampire sighed and leaned against the door while closing it.

"I don't think my mind can handle more days like this one" she admitted.

"A lot of crazy stuff happened today, that's for sure" Yubin agreed with her, rubbing her forehead. "I already took a painkiller for my headache".

"Those things are bad for you... too many chemicals" Jiwoo shook her head, walking to the bed.

"As if you know that, miss vampire"

"You risked a lot today, you know that?" Jiwoo asked, laying down on the bed, but nowhere near Yubin. "You went against me twice"

"Twice? When did I go against you the second time?" the blue haired girl asked with a frown.

"I said we shouldn't risk dying by saving the Moonlight" Jiwoo stated. "And you almost got crushed under a rock"

"If that was the second time, when was the first time then?"

"When I told Gahyeon that she couldn't tie up Adira's wrists. I tried to get to her and you got in the way" the older vampire said, looking at Yubin.

"Oh... right, seems like I did go up against you twice" Yubin acknowledged with a little nod. "I'm sorry"

"You know that a sorry won't really make up for it, right? I thought we talked about you underestimating my authority already"

"But what should I do if I don't agree with you then? I just wanted to prevent you from making a mistake"

"I know" Jiwoo whispered, knowing Yubin was right. She shifted closer to the girl and hugged her. "I'm actually proud of the way you acted... you stood your ground and you went against me for my own good even though you knew I would probably punish you for it after"

"Exactly, I knew that IF something happened you could be blamed and I didn't want that" the blue haired girl smiled. "But... you won't punish me right?"

"I should, mostly because you took Siyeon's side in front of me but... I won't" Jiwoo reassured her, closing her eyes. "But don't do that again"

Yubin nodded her head, grateful that Jiwoo was able to let her off the hook again. She knew that it wasn't good for a leader to do that but that only made her even more happy.

"I'm proud of you and Chaesol" Jiwoo said, all of a sudden. "She told me you managed to win with the cage trick"

"We did! It never worked in training so it was a huge risk to try it and depend on it but... we managed somehow. But oh my god, those twins were creepy!" Yubin said, feeling a shiver run down her spine when she thought about them again.

"I'm sad I didn't get to actually see the fight. Did you make the call of the cage trick?" Jiwoo asked, opening her eyes again.

"I did but Chaesol knew what I was going for"

"I'm really so proud of both of you" Jiwoo repeated with a smile, letting out her fangs.

"Thank you, it's a powerful trick and one that we definitely need to practice on more" Yubin smiled, still looking at the ceiling with her eyes closed.