Chapter 194

Here we are with a new update ♥

While Bora and Chaesol were adjusting to their new vampire senses with the help of the others, Jiwoo and Lena decided to finish moving in the few boxes that were left at Lena's apartment.

They had been doing this for the past few days and it was tiring to put everything in boxes, move it to the new house and unbox everything again. What wasn't helping either was that Jiwoo still didn't recover completely from the battle. In the fight against Chaesol when she lost control she had hit her head really hard. She didn't make a big deal out of it with the others, but she was having trouble focusing sometimes and it was becoming frustrating.

She sat down on the bed in her and Lena's room while her girlfriend went to grab a glass of water with Alex. The kid helped them a lot, mostly because usually Anya joined as well. The vampire massaged her temples and closed her eyes, trying to relax a little. She had bought this house for the three of them so they could be together and she was happy it was finally happening... but the whole battle took a toll on her.

Even though vampires didn't age, their heads had to keep more and more memories inside. Both worries and happy thoughts, successes and failures. On one side she really felt like she had fought enough in her life. But on the other, she felt like she could never really get out of it. It called to her.

They thought the fight was finally over when they ended Xena, but after what happened to Handong they knew they had to look for a priestess. Even worse, a specific kind of priestess. They weren't easy to find and most of the time they weren't friendly... so that called for more fights, more danger, more problems.

Especially with Yoohyeon practically being out of the fight because of her destroyed shoulder, the team couldn't afford to lose anyone else. Yoohyeon would take ages to learn shooting with her non-dominant hand.

What happened during the final battle had Jiwoo thinking. The woman she considered her mother died and Handong's soul was turned into a stone. Jiwoo couldn't forget that. How fragile life was when you were a human against a priestess. One single pat on her back and Handong's eyes were emptied. At the end of the day, maybe Xena did say one right thing. Vampires and humans shouldn't mix... a life like theirs is far too dangerous for humans.

Jiwoo dropped her back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. In the last few seconds she had basically decided that there was no way that she could retire. At least not for now.

She stayed like that for a few seconds when she heard a knock on the door. It had to be Alex because Lena had no reason to knock. "Come in, kid" she said, sitting up a little.

The little vampire ran in and closed the door behind him, tilting his head. "You're tired from the boxes? You're not strong like me then!"

Jiwoo let out a little scoff as she patted the spot next to her. It was a bit weird that he immediately closed the door behind him... there was no reason to. "When you'll be my age, you'll realize that we can get tired even if we are immortal"

Even so these simple boxes couldn't have tired her out. Even Lena wasn't tired. But Alex jumped on the bed anyway, plopping down.

"Where is Lena, kiddo? She left to go get a glass of water 20 minutes ago" Jiwoo asked, combing his hair a little.

The boy scratched his head and raised his shoulders. Last he saw Lena was drinking in the kitchen. "You're lazy" he pointed at Jiwoo's ears. With a bit of effort she could just find out.

"It's not called laziness... it's called respect" the older vampire said, locking eyes with her son. "You have to learn that having extra senses doesn't mean that you have to use them for everything. Lena deserves her privacy... so I don't listen on her all the time"