Chapter 41

The walk home was a silent and uncomfortable one for Siyeon and Gahyeon. None of them had the courage to start talking and Siyeon was desperately trying to find a way to talk about their fight but while she was trying to find the right words, they arrived home. They walked in and took off their coats and Gahyeon went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. In the meanwhile Siyeon was walking back and forth in the living room, praying for the courage to start the conversation. But once again, it took way too much time.

"I-... I'm going to bed" Gahyeon said weakly, accepting the fact that Siyeon probably didn't want to talk about it today. The older vampire nodded

"S- Sure... good night Gahyeon" she said, sounding defeated, as the pink haired girl walked upstairs and closed her door.

Siyeon was debating if she should let it rest until tomorrow or if she should just go upstairs and ask her if she wants to talk now. After a few minutes the vampire had gathered enough courage to go up as she knocked on the pink haired girl's door.

"Little sis? Can I... c-can I come in?" She nervously asked.

The older vampire could hear Gahyeon talking with someone, probably on the phone, when she quickly ended the call.

"Come in" the pink haired girl said and Siyeon opened the door and walked in, awkwardly standing there next to the door.

"W- Were you busy?" The older vampire asked, stroking her arm. Gahyeon shook her head with a little smile.

"I was just facetiming Yubin to say goodnight" she explained.

"Oh umm sorry for i-interrupting that I... I wonder if you m-maybe wanted to t-talk about" Siyeon nervously said, pointing everywhere with her fingers "all of this"

Gahyeon nodded, putting her phone on the bedside table and turning towards Siyeon.

"We definitely should" she replied in a weak tone. The younger vampire patted her bed and Siyeon gave her a little nod, sitting down on the covers, fidgeting with her hands and looking down.

"Little sis... I-... I know I messed up. I r-realize I shouldn't have done... that. But, I had the b-best intentions" Siyeon whispered, sounding a bit defeated and really sorry.

"I know you did but... Can you imagine how it feels?" Gahyeon asked, looking down at the covers. "Can you imagine how it feels to come back from college one day and find out that the childhood you remember, the parents you remember, the friends you remember... never existed. The first 21 years of my life are a lie" Gahyeon explained, trying to fight back the tears.

"I know th-that most of those 21 years... were indeed a lie but... I couldn't let you remember all of those horrible things that t-they did to you... When me and Minji moved to that neighborhood I... I heard you cry at night, every day for 4 weeks... And then one day I decided to get to know you... and when we found out what happened, I felt devastated. I only heard you cry for 4 weeks but... who knows how long you did before we moved there? I couldn't let you live with a burden like that" Siyeon explained, clenching her fists, remembering those events.

Gahyeon wiped away a few tears from her eyes, nodding weakly.

"Yubin told me the same thing. She said that you probably wanted to give me a new start for a good life... without painful memories that could drag me down" Gahyeon said, trying to look in her sister's eyes "And she asked me to put myself in your shoes. If it was the other way around, if I was the one to see you suffer for weeks..." Gahyeon said, not knowing how to continue. What would she do in that case? She knew she would have probably done the same but she wasn't ready to say it yet.