Chapter 114

After a week of hard training the girls felt ready to take on their third mission to hopefully take out the third key figure of the Nightshades: the Puppeteer. The letter they received from Jiwoo last week once again told them what they already knew about the woman and warned them that there were two addresses and she wasn't sure which one was the actual building. That happened because the Nightshades were starting to expect they had a mole in their ranks so they took their precautions.

The group decided to split up into two groups for this mission with two vampires each. Bora, Gahyeon and Minji were sent to one address and Siyeon, Yoohyeon and Yubin to the other one after thoroughly discussing what the dangers of this mission could be and saying goodbye to their girlfriends since they were all split up to avoid this 'game of love' the Prankster mentioned.

Siyeon, Yoohyeon and Yubin were already in front of the building Minji assigned them and they were quickly checking if everything was the same as when they scouted the area. Both Siyeon and Yoohyeon jumped down from a roof, joining Yubin. Siyeon made a perfect landing, while Yoohyeon stumbled forward for a couple of meters, almost knocking down Yubin in the process.

"S-sorry... I'm still working on the landing" she chuckled. "It's better than last week though"

"You mean when you landed straight on your face or when you landed straight on my girlfriend?" The blue haired girl asked.

"Both of them! And now I landed almost straight on you, but hey... the 'almost' makes the difference" she chuckled. "Okay boss... What's the plan?" She asked, turning towards Siyeon.

"The plan is pretty simple, Yooh" the blonde vampire said. "We complete the mission"

"That's... vague" Yoohyeon replied, scratching her head. "Let's enter then"

"Maybe we shouldn't just enter. From what I gathered this is basically the Prankster's girlfriend and we know what happened when we walked in during that mission" the hunter stated.

The girls looked at the building, deciding what to do when Yubin realized that Siyeon was feeling really nervous. This was the first mission as leader of her group and a new vampire was in that group.

"Hey... Everything is going to be fine" she said with a smile, squeezing Siyeon's arm. "Just make the call and we'll follow you"

"Yeah... I know, thank you" Siyeon smiled, thinking what Minji would do. "Let's... open the door but not enter?"

"Alright" Yubin nodded her head and put a hand on the handle, slowly opening it. Since nothing happened the hunter popped her head in to check the inside. "It's just a dark hallway"

The blonde vampire picked up a rock from the ground and threw it in, triggering something because the lights came on, revealing a romantically set table in the middle of the hallway.

"Now... that was not what I expected to see" she commented, ruffling her hair.

"What the hell?" Yoohyeon mumbled, looking at the table. "Let's throw something on the table and the chair... I really don't want to get impaled by silver spears"

Siyeon and Yoohyeon picked up some more rocks, throwing them at their target but nothing seemed to happen or change anymore.

"Okay, I'll go first... if nothing happens you can follow me" Siyeon said, making a few steps towards the table with the three chairs around it. When she reached it, she noticed that the three chairs were on rails that led to the wall. "I'm pretty sure you can come in, I didn't hear any mechanisms so I think we are good"

Both Yoohyeon and Yubin walked in, joining Siyeon next to the table.

"So... what now?" Yubin asked, scratching her head when a panel dropped from the wall, revealing silver spears all over the wall. Once the mechanisms would be activated, they would strike everywhere, except from the spot where the chairs were located.