Chapter 40

Minji and Siyeon were walking towards the usual alley because the big meeting was finally happening. The six of them were about to meet to discuss everything about the mission: the goals and the fight tactics.

"Hey, it's going to be fine" Minji said softly, reaching for Siyeon's hand to try and stop her from torturing her own fingers.

"She's been away for two days... what if she doesn't even say hi to me? What if she doesn't want to come back with us tonight? Or ever?" The younger vampire said weakly.

"Singnie, stop worrying about it, it will be fine. Gahyeon just needs time, and I'm sure that when she had enough of that, she will just come back to us" Minji said, throwing an arm around the younger vampire and pulling her closer. "Like, come on, who wouldn't want an amazing big sis like you?" The older vampire added with a chuckle, ruffling Siyeon's hair.

The younger vampire shook her head, looking down.

"I know she needs time but... I'm afraid that time won't do anything. I did something terrible and she said... she said that she didn't know if she was ever going to be able to forgive me" Siyeon explained weakly. "My worst fear is that she will come back home and go on with her life but... never treating me the same way. Never trusting me again"

"I think you forgot something, Singnie..." Minji chuckled, making the younger vampire look at her. "Who is Gahyeon staying with?" She asked and Siyeon narrowed her eyes.

"Yubin? What are you getting at, Minji?"

"Yes, Yubin which also means Yoohyeon... and Bora aka the other overprotective big sister figure" Minji pointed out.

"You think that they put in a good word for me?" Siyeon asked, with a little bit of hope in her eyes. "And do you think she will listen to them?"

"I'm sure they did. Even though you and Yubin aren't on best terms, she helped you out with Bora. So I'm sure she, and mainly Bora tried to convince Gahyeon that your choice was... logical in a way" Minji smiled.

"I hope you are right" Siyeon said, trying to smile a little. "What do you think I should do when they arrive? Should I try to go to her? Or wait for her to come to me? And if she doesn't?" Siyeon asked, panicking a little.

"Singnie" Minji chuckled, putting both her hands on Siyeon's shoulders, making her face her. "You can't control emotions. Just stop trying to control the unpredictable and go with the flow. If your heart says go talk, do it. If it doesn't, don't. And if she doesn't come back with us, that's sad but that just means she needs more time" Minji reasoned.

"Okay, I will see how things go then" Siyeon said, sounding a little bit defeated. She really needed Gahyeon to come back home. The house felt so empty without her and it felt even more empty knowing that Gahyeon was out of home AND terribly angry at her. They arrived at the alley 5 minutes early so they sat down, waiting for the others to join them.

"I just realized something" Minji chuckled, moving her legs on the little wall "I can't get behind Yooh and cover her eyes if I'm sitting on this wall"

Siyeon just hummed in response and Minji knew they had to talk about that. Yesterday night Siyeon didn't want to face the problem, but they couldn't just ignore that.

"Siyeon... about yesterday night... I really think we should talk about that. You know it doesn't change too much right?" Minji spoke up.

"There isn't anything to talk about. I know what you meant saying that it was wrong and you were right. I'm okay with that" Siyeon lied, looking in front of her and not at Minji.