Chapter 78

Two days after the rescue of Bora and Gahyeon the girls were still resting in bed in the early morning while Minji and Yoohyeon decided to train. Since this whole mess happened, none of them had the time or the focus to train decently or to train at all.

"Okay, let's do a little bit of hand-to-hand combat" Minji said, warming up her shoulders and looking at her girlfriend when she noticed Siyeon walk to the edge of the arena and sitting down with her legs crossed.

"Hand-to-hand? You know I'm not comfortable with doing that, babe. Definitely not against you. How am I supposed to hold my own against a vampire, look at my body" the hunter whined.

"I know you are not comfortable with it, that's why you need to train for that" Minji explained, walking to the middle of the arena. "Of course a vampire is faster and stronger than you, but if you can take the hits, if you can block them... it will be something"

"Look at my body build? I can maybe do that against a Nightshade but not against you, Minji... I really don't see a benefit in this" Yoohyeon tried again.

"Pup, you have to consider that it's possible for us to end up against high ranked Nightshades. They are not like the ones we're fighting right now... they are a lot stronger" the vampire explained. "You really can't see the benefit in this? Let's say you are fighting, you lose your gun and I'm not there to help you... you need to be able to survive at least until me or Siyeon can help you"

"She's right, Yoohyeon" Siyeon suddenly said from the sidelines. "You have to train your worst disciplines as well since we don't know what could happen. So stop whining and do what she says"

"Someone woke up in a bad mood" Yubin said, walking out of the house with two cups in her hands and a book under her arm. She sat down beside Siyeon and handed her a cup of blood coffee, placing her own on the ground and putting the book on her legs.

"She's like that sometimes, not a morning vampire I guess" Minji chuckled.

"I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just stating the facts" the blonde vampire simply said, looking at the book on Yubin's legs. "Reading again? I didn't know I befriended such a nerd"

"I'm not a nerd" Yubin protested, taking a sip of coffee. "I've already finished the first book you gave me, this is the second and I don't know... I literally can't stop! It's so interesting, there is the whole story of your clan. How did you never read this?"

"Maybe because the clan was what kind of destroyed our lives?" Siyeon scoffed. "What's even so interesting about them. It's probably just boring historical facts"

"It is but... It's where you come from! It's the history about the greatest leaders your clan had in... well, the book is in moons but I guess... thousands of years?" Yubin protested. "You really should read this!"

"Getting Singnie to read is the same as getting a vampire to eat so good luck with that" the oldest vampire laughed. "Now if you two could stop disputing while we are trying to train please?"

"Sorry!" Yubin replied with an apologetic smile, waving a hand in front of her. "Good luck Yooh!"

"As if they can't train if we talk" Siyeon scoffed when Yubin pushed the cup in the vampire's hands towards her lips.

"Shhh, drink and let them train. Jeez, you really woke up in a mood today!" She chuckled as Yoohyeon walked to Minji, deciding how to do this training.

"I said I'm not in a mood" the blonde grumbled, looking at Yoohyeon who was trembling a little.

"Alright Pup, let's start with some basic punching and blocking"