Chapter 189

Once again sorry for the long wait, we hope you enjoy ♥

After what felt like hours of fighting against Xena, both Minji and Nara were struggling to catch their breath. No matter how hard Minji tried to hit her or how fast Nara attacked her, they just couldn't get to her.

Nara clenched her fist around Malia's dagger, looking at her mother. This couldn't be the end. She didn't get this far and get so many people involved to stop here. She didn't come back to life just to die against her mother again.

It was impossible that they weren't doing any damage. Her mother was a really powerful woman, but she wasn't invincible. They just had to keep trying. "You alright?" Minji asked, hiding behind a pillar and looking at Nara.

"I am" Nara lied. She wasn't injured but she felt completely out of energy after all those attacks. "Are you?"

"I don't know" the black haired woman replied, peeking from behind the pillar. Xena had summoned more spirit swords that were now heading towards the pillar so Minji reacted by dodging out of the way.

"We need to find a way. If we keep dodging her attacks without being able to hit her, we won't last much longer" Nara said, hiding behind a pillar close to Minji, pulling her with her.

The younger vampire nodded, looking around them. Maybe there was something in the environment they could use to their advantage. She noticed a steel plate loosely hanging from the wall and ripped it off. "Attack her from the side" she said, running towards Xena and holding the plate in front of her as a shield.

Nara started running to the side, waiting for Minji to be close enough before actually attacking her mother.

They had had several ideas throughout this fight and every time Xena found a solution to counter them. Just like now. With a shout she summoned a circle of fire around her so as soon as Minji got close she yelped. The steel plate heated up fast which burned her hands which meant she couldn't keep holding it.

She let go of the plate as Nara attacked from the side. She managed to get close to Xena's neck, but when she was a few inches away the priestess blocked her wrist with one hand while grabbing her neck with the other. Before she could actually snap her neck, Nara kicked her strongly to free herself and she jumped back, wrapping her own hand around her neck while catching her breath.

Since yet another idea had failed Minji felt herself starting to grow desperate. They had tried so many things and everything got stopped so easily...

As soon as they were able to get behind the pillar again, Nara looked at her mother just standing there. It was clear that she had to wait before attacking again, that was something her and Minji noticed right away. If Xena used attacks that required a lot of energy, she had to wait and recover before using another one. They had tried to hit her during those breaks but it never worked, so they decided to use those small breaks to rest as well. "Any ideas?" Minji asked Nara, rubbing her hands on her legs to get the stinging pain to go away. Luckily she didn't get burned too badly.

Nara stayed silent for a few seconds, not knowing what to think anymore. They all tried her best to get here... and now they couldn't even get close enough to Xena. Did they underestimate her? She let out a little sigh, giving up to desperation. It really didn't seem there was a way for them to win this. "Get out of here and get the others" she said, locking eyes with Minji. "Go as far away as you can and you should be fine for a few more years. Just... bring Solise with you" she whispered, looking deep into Minji's eyes.

The younger vampire shook her head, definitely not agreeing with that. There was no way that they would give up now. Even if they were to run, Xena would always get back to them. "We are ending this today... somehow" she stated, getting up and clenching her fist.