Chapter 181

After more than a year of preparation, the group was finally on its way to take down the Nightshades forever.

They were divided in groups but before entering the different cars, they took a few minutes to talk to their loved ones. Every single one of them was aware of how unlikely it was that all of them would be able to come back alive from this mission and of course that thought was scaring them, but they were also aware that this war was necessary. All of them had something to protect and someone to fight this war for.

The group had grown up and that was great because now they actually stood a chance to defeat the Nightshades, but that also meant that each one of them had more people they cared about now.

The group had split up into four different teams who each had a different goal and got appointed to a separate car. The first team consisted of Minji, Yoohyeon, Siyeon and Bora. They were going to lead the operation and would basically adapt to what happened during the course of the battle.

The second team consisted of Nara, Solise, Yubin and Gahyeon who were sent ahead as scouts with the goal of detecting and taking out possible enemy scouts in the forest surrounding the mountain. Since they had gone on a training camp in the forest that was the task that fit them best.

The third team consisted of Chaesol, Adira, Eir and Jiwoo who were tasked with going to the back of where the Nightshade base was located to investigate a possible other point of entry.

And then last but not least, Handong and Lena formed team Overwatch who were in charge of communication between the teams since they wouldn't be fighting themselves.

As they started splitting in the different cars, Nara looked at the many people that were ready to fight against Xena and she felt somehow grateful towards them.

"We will end it tonight, Solise" she said, turning towards her wife. "My mother will pay for everything she did to Malia and to us... no matter the cost"

"She will... but as much as I hate to say it, we can't focus on her right now" Solise sighed. "Everything we planned needs to be executed step by step... and only then can we kill that bitch"

"Then she better not show up before the end of the battle" Nara whispered, clenching her fist. "Because if I see her, I'm going for her throat"

"You can't be reckless, babe" Solise shook her head, turning around to cup her wife's cheek. "She's an illusionist"

"I know... but we are prepared this time" the silver haired woman whispered, giving Solise a little smile. "I'll be able to understand that what she shows me is not real"

The older of the two nodded her head and pecked Nara's lips. She was really worried that they would make the same mistake as in the past. Xena already played them once and her wife had a lot of rage in her.

"Lovebirds, it's time to go" Minji scolded her because everyone else had already entered the cars. When they turned towards her she gave them a smile, knowing that if this was hard on all of them, it had to be even harder on Nara and Solise. They had been apart for so much time and they were scared to lose each other again.

"It is for us" Solise scoffed, locking eyes with Minji. They had talked through the plan a few times and the ancient vampires found their part a bit lame at first. But it was needed and the explanation as to why they needed to do it was solid. "You will ride behind us and we need to scout ahead"

Minji nodded her head, pointing at the car Yubin and Gahyeon were in.

"We'll follow you from a distance and if we see your empty car along the way, we'll know there were scouts" she explained. "We trust you to catch them before they are able to give the alarm... and we trust you to protect the kids"