Chapter 20

M for violence

Yoohyeon woke up when her alarm rang. She slammed it with her fist to shut it up as she sat up in the bed, throwing the covers off of her. She wasn't able to sleep too well. Her kiss with 'Jiu' was still on her mind and she probably should talk to Bora about it. It felt so right when it was something that she never could've imagined some time ago. She saw vampires as monsters and now? Now she maybe felt something for one.

She slowly made her way downstairs, slamming the fridge door open, trying to find something to eat. She was startled by the noise of a plate on the table and when she turned around she saw Bora standing there with two other full plates in her hands

"The fridge is empty... You should be really thankful I'm a resourceful woman. You and the brat would probably starve to death without me" Bora said rolling her eyes.

"Ugh, can't you say something? You like to see me struggle or what?" Yoohyeon groaned, surprising Bora. The silver haired hunter seemed to be in a really bad mood.

"What's up with you today? You seem extremely pissed" Bora asked, sitting down.

"I couldn't sleep" Yoohyeon said shortly, without giving further information. She sat down at the table and she started eating what Bora had prepared.

"Care to explain why?" Bora asked annoyed because she could see there was something wrong with Yoohyeon.

"I guess, did Yubin already leave?" Yoohyeon asked to which Bora nodded. "It's about that vampire I told you about" she admitted.

Bora sighed, putting her hands on the table and looking up at Yoohyeon

"What about her? Did something happen?" she asked, sounding a little bit worried.

"Something did happen Bora. I lashed out at her, saying she didn't trust me and... we..." Yoohyeon tried to say, taking a deep breath. "We kissed"

Bora choked on her food and Yoohyeon had to hand to her a glass of water to help her

"You what??" she yelled as soon as she felt like she could breathe again.

"I don't... I don't even know how it happened Bora... it just... did" Yoohyeon tried to say.

"So let me get this straight? You kissed with a vampire you met a few days before? Did you kiss her or did she kiss you?" Bora started firing questions, trying to understand how something like that could happen.

"It's been weeks... a couple of weeks" Yoohyeon said, as if it could make this better. "She kissed me... and then I kissed her. Or at least I tried but she rejected me but... then she kissed me again" Yoohyeon rambled.

"Why the fuck did you kiss a vampire? What will I hear next time? A few days ago you said you met a vampire, now you said you kissed a vampire, what's next?" Bora asked in disbelief, taking Yoohyeon's hands in hers.

"I...uh... I want you to meet her" Yoohyeon said and Bora opened her mouth, shocked.

"Why should I? Like... are you getting married or what?" the small woman yelled, unable to process what was going on.

"For... the plan. We need to cooperate. What are you talking about marriage for?" Yoohyeon awkwardly chuckled, playfully shoving her friend.

"The plan? What plan? Why are we cooperating with a vampire?" Bora asked, putting her hands on her head.

"Vampires. We will collaborate with her and her team... I... I don't know a lot about them except for the fact that they're three like us" Yoohyeon explained, looking in Bora's eyes.