Chapter 69

TW: Elkie

The next morning Handong woke up after searching outside for Gahyeon until the late hours without result. She quickly changed out of her pajamas and stumbled down the stairs while rubbing her eyes and yawning. When she arrived in the dining room she saw that Elkie had prepared breakfast for her.

"Good morning, Dongie. I assume you didn't find her yet?" Elkie asked, sounding sad.

"We didn't but the girls will keep looking for her and so will I" Handong explained, sitting down at the table. "I'm closing the bar"

"So I assume Yubin will not be in college right?" The Chinese asked, that way she knew she could easily skip as well. "I really want to support her..."

"She won't... she didn't even rest yet" Handong explained. "After hours we decided to take turns to rest but her and Siyeon went out anyway" she sighed.

"Is there anything I can do? I can help you to search for her!" The Chinese girl cheered, handing Handong a cup of coffee.

"No, thank you" Handong replied, taking the cup of coffee. "I'll go with the others, you can go to college"

"Are you sure? I will gladly skip college to help, I won't make it in time anyway" she said with a little smile, knowing Handong wouldn't allow her but she had to sound convincing.

"It's okay, Elkie" Handong said, forcing a smile. "You hurry up and go to college! We will find Gahyeon, I promise"

"Okay... Well I made some breakfast for you, you need to eat. Text me if you find her alright?" Elkie smiled, taking her backpack and waving at Handong.

"I will" Handong replied and as soon as Elkie left the house, she placed down the cup of coffee and stood back up. She quickly took her jacket and rushed out, headed to the vampires' place. There was no time to lose.

On the way to the place she kept Gahyeon, Elkie made sure to be disguised by putting on the hood of her hoodie and avoiding as many people as she could. When she successfully arrived at the place, she dropped her backpack in a room and headed to where she kept Gahyeon.

"Good morning, sweetie, did you sleep well?" The Chinese girl smiled.

"F- Fuck you, Elkie" Gahyeon whispered, raising her head. Her wrists and ankles were hurting like hell and the wound of the bullet was slowly healing.

"Aww you are so kind to me again! That will surely help in today's talk. You didn't answer my question though" the younger woman pouted.

"How am I supposed to sleep with my wrists and my ankles in this condition? It's like having them on fire. All the time... it never stops" she whispered, weakly.

"Let me adjust the position a little for you. We don't need to burn the same place all the time" Elkie smiled, adjusting the handcuffs and the cord just a bit so they touched another spot.

Gahyeon took a deep breath, finally feeling a little less pain.

"Elkie... Why do you do this? You know I'm a vampire but... I've never hurt anyone, neither did Minji. We don't hurt people" she whispered. "Please stop this... they... they are probably freaking out right now because I didn't come back home"

"I heard, Dongie told me how devastated your sister and Yubin were. They searched all night long" the Chinese replied. "And you don't hurt people, but you do hurt vampires. Even innocent ones" she added.

"We don't hurt innocent vampires. We stop the ones who kill humans" Gahyeon replied as her eyes filled with tears at the thought of Siyeon and Yubin searching for her all night long. "Please Elkie... let me go"