Chapter 113

The day after Minji, Handong and Chaesol had agreed to meet at Kwan's place, because the Chinese woman called the vampire, saying that she had something really important to tell her and that she and Chaesol were currently staying at the house of a friend of Yubin and Yoohyeon. The vampire arrived at the address Handong sent her and rang the bell, waiting for them to open.

The red haired girl looked through the little security hole to see who was at the door before opening it and smiling at Minji.

"Hey, Dongie, it's been a while huh? I didn't even know you were here" the vampire awkwardly said, feeling bad that she hadn't contacted her because of their busy mission schedule.

"It's been a while, yes" the Chinese woman replied, inviting Minji in and hugging her tightly. "No one knew we were here apart from Yubin, so it's okay" she reassured her with a smile.

"What happened? Why did you need to come here? Why didn't you tell me?" Minji asked.

"Let's sit down, I'll explain everything" Handong replied, guiding Minji through the house when Chaesol walked into the living room, smiling at the vampire.

"Hi Minji, it's nice to see you" she said, bowing her head a little.

"Hey Chaesol, good to see you too" Minji smiled, turning back to Handong. "So... why did you need me and why didn't you tell?"

"Do you remember the Chinese gang I worked for?" The red haired girl asked, sitting down on the couch beside Minji who nodded her head. "They found me and they sent someone to the bar the other day" she whispered.

"What? They found you?! What did they say?" The vampire asked.

"Well... this man waited for everyone to leave the bar and he followed me to the backroom" the Chinese woman explained. "He said I have to pay them back and after that I will have to work for them again"

"Like hell you will, where is this man? I'll convince him that they can't do that"

"Convince him?" Handong asked, shaking her head. "He was armed, Minji. And he... uhm... he was there to hurt me. He made me pass out"

Minji widened her eyes and started clenching her fists on the couch, almost tearing the expensive leather.

"Handong" she simply stated, looking her friend in the eyes. "How long ago?"

"A few days" the Chinese woman whispered. "But I knew you were busy with the mission and I know you, Minji... this would have been just another weight on your shoulders"

"A few d-... for fuck's sake Handong!" The vampire groaned in frustration. "Is it so hard to follow our promise of always, always telling each other everything?"

"I'm sorry, Minji" the red haired girl whispered, squeezing the vampire's hand. "I wanted to tell you but I knew you needed to focus on the mission. But as you can see, we protected ourselves and we left the house, for now... since the man wanted to stay there to check on me"

"Your life is more important Dongie, you're important. Do you get that?" The oldest woman in the room stated. "Tell me where he is, so I can make sure he never returns... to anyone"

Handong bit her lower lip and she looked at Chaesol, not knowing what they should say about that because she didn't know if the black haired human wanted to reveal her powers like this.

"He... won't return... to anyone" Chaesol whispered, looking at Minji.

"What do you mean?" The vampire asked.

"I killed him" Chaesol blurted out, looking down at the floor.

"Good" Minji simply stated. "Did he tell you anything about where their boss is?"