Chapter Eighty-Eight

"Please enlighten me on how one can be so stupid to take us exactly where we don't want to be seen, honestly, I don't know how you do it Y/n." Draco mocked glancing back at me, but I didn't listen. Instead, I headed towards the small dirt path across the lake that led you back out of the forest and closer to Hogwarts, I had to warn Isabella.

"You can't be serious. You'll get yourself killed. Cut the act Ceradwin, nows not the place to be the hero." He grabbed my wrist pulling me back but just as I whipped my head around around I heard a thunderous bang coming from the castle causing both of us jolt and look up. It looked as if a bomb went off lighting up the sky with an eerie green tinge, sparks cascaded from the fog falling onto the trees singeing them with their deathly touch.

I glanced back at him, his eyes reflecting the flashes of light as if they were hypnotic, I slipped away from his grip and stormed off wanting to get to the castle as quick as I could before they got in. I heard Draco rustling in the trees behind me now in a bigger fit of rage, his quiet but sharp voice mirroring how he felt perfectly. I didnt take much notice more determined on using my position as an advantage, though Draco made it clear he thought otherwise. I finally had the upper hand, he done his part now I wanted to do mine and this was the only way I'd be put at ease.

"You're afraid Draco. Leave if you wish, no ones stopping you" I yelled interrupting his harsh insults of how naïve I was being, but I've heard it all before, though I did know for one that I needed him just as much as he needed me. I couldn't do this alone.

"Lying to yourself won't make this any better. You won't survive without me and you know it" He snapped back, this was one of his many ways of convincing me that I was nothing without him, I knew that of course but it was also his way of justifying that he refused to leave me. The bitter tone in his voice attempted to mask that but I was far past believing it, he was nothing without me either.

"So, stay if you're so sure, I'm not leaving without warning them." Once I've made my mind up there was no changing it, I was willing to risk my life if it meant helping others so if he wanted to stay with me had he no choice but to do the same. I treaded through the trees finally reaching the opening hearing screams billowing from the school but decided I'd just choose to ignore them determined to stick to the one plan I had, the only plan I had.

I ran up the hill stumbling every time I heard an explosion; I glanced behind me to see that Draco was trailing after me his eyes constantly darting our surroundings like a hawk. The screams only got louder the closer we got followed by sharp static noises piercing my ears, I flinched as I finally reached the top immediately dodging a spark that just missed my face. My head followed the light landing on someone I was quite familiar with, his dirty blonde curls now looking more like singed hay, it was Cormac.

His face was twisted with both rage and jealously as he saw Draco emerge behind me, his wand shot towards him aiming right at his face. Draco seemed to be too distracted by the boisterous crashes from behind him to notice the sparks protruding right in front of him, my screams only muffling with the others. As Cormac got closer his eyes reflected flames already implying that he was too riled up to see sense, it was only when I raised my wand Draco realised what was going on.

I ran towards him blocking the sparks that blasted quickly near his face, this gave Draco a chance to retrieve his, all the while I was yelling at him to stop. I tried refusing to fight him, but he was cutting it too close, I wasn't able to hold him off for that long. Draco began to strike back pushing in front of me as they both fought, I could tell Draco knew exactly the reason that Cormac was targeting him, only making it more of a reason for him to carry on.

At this point I had enough, it was setting me back making it less likely I'll be able to find Isabella before its too late, I looked over to see Cormac growing more aggressive dropping his wand and storming up to Draco, it looked as if his intentions were a lot deeper than I had originally thought. I glanced over to see Dracos eyes widen not expecting for the fight to become physical fumbling to put his wand in his pocket, but just as Cormac went to throw a punch, I flicked my wand towards him.