Chapter 24. The Amalgamation

The people of Isla de Mara were forced to listen to a siren, thee siren. The alarm every city had to listen to when a threat was heading their way. Not once was this siren heard on this island, but now it was death informing them that their time was coming.

The entire city was in a panic, fearing for their lives and rushing the through the streets to one of Monarchs choppers.

After the attacks on the Outposts, Monarch had to do all they could to evacuate the city. Oblivion had been so obvious about it's destinations, Monarch could literally draw direct lines from Outpost to Outpost.

The next destinations were Skull Island, Isla de Mara, or Sedona. It was a gamble trying to predict which one he would attack next. But now, they had their Outpost clearing out the people on the island, but with the speed Oblivion displayed, they had less than an hour to respond.

The glowing goddess spread her wings over the city in panic; heading toward the volcano, hoping the entire city would be absent of life before Oblivion set a single foot on land.

The volcano was active, but due to the intervention of Monarch, it was closed off. Their Outpost closed a lid on the volcano, hoping to keep the Titan asleep as waking it could speak disaster for the people in the city.

But now, that disaster was coming either way, forcing Mothra to act out of desperation, in hopes that Rodan could help her fend off this intruder until the big one arrived.

She flew over to the volcano, landing next to the Outpost and seeing the people evacuating into helicopters on the outskirts of town.

The Titan landed next to the Outpost, chirping away at the volcano and stabbing at the metal cap that sealed off the slumbering Titan. She broke away at the heavy locks that kept it closed.

Her wings flashed red, ramming all four of her claws at the containment door. She let out another chirp, stabbing her claws into the metal.

Beneath her, the demons eyes flashed open. Resting in the flowing magma and fiery depths of the volcano, he awoke out of spite.

Mothra was forced to retreat with the sudden strike at the his containment from the other side, banging at the metal door that kept him from the outside world.

Mothra backed away onto the Outpost facility, just barely able to avoid the volcanoes combustion. An explosion so loud it shattered the windows of the town, and silenced the blaring siren, catching everyone's attention.

Mothra backed away as a pair of claws stabbed out toward the sky before coming down toward the goddess. She backed away with her wings going blue, being forced to retreat with a massive ball of smoke shrouding the entire volcano.

The city's people and the goddess bared witness to this massive volcanic scaled winged Titan and its presence. He rose with lava flowing from his wings and fire encasing his body.

With the a quick flap of his wings, the fire blew out, scaring Mothra with his size alone, yet she stayed.

She got his attention, flaring her wings out to show no signs of hostility. Her body's bioluminescence shimmered from blue to gold and back.

Rodan knelt over, examining the goddess. He growled at the sight of her existence, having to share this mountain top with another less being.

It screeched in her face before bringing his beak down toward her.

Mothra backed away easily, keeping her distance and flashing her wings again with another mad chirp.

Rodan ignored her, stretching out his wings for the first time in thousands of years. He stood as tall as he could, turning his attention to the islands inhabitants.