Chapter 45. To Blame

Muramasa opened his eyes, rubbing them as he questioned how long he had been sitting there. For the moment he was calm, trying to keep the thoughts of fighting away. He looked up at Emi who smiled at him, "You were falling asleep."

Muramasa smiled, "I think I'm just exhausted. I don't think sleeping is something I can do right now."

"I can't either," Jay mentioned, "I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep until this war is over. And even then I don't know if I'll be normal enough to sleep..."

Yûmi patted his chest, "You can travel with me, and I'll help you sleep."

Jay raised a brow, "Travel? Where?"

"Emi and I travel with Nick and a few others to find Titans on this planet. Maybe you can go with us," Yumi looked to her twin, "Do you think they'll let him come with us?"

"I'm more worried about Kiryu. Is he going to follow us and cause trouble?" Emi asked.

Muramasa rubbed his head against the wall, scratching an itch, "Can I ask what a Titan is? Sounds big."

"Godzilla is a Titan. He's a massive animal that lives here on Earth. There are other big animals that have been sleeping all around this planet." Emi glanced to Yumi, "This is all top secret, so don't tell anyone." She stuck her tongue out.

Muramasa leaned back, "Huh, that's cool... are there any that can help us?"

"Actually yes, we have a friend waking up a few of them now," Yumi mentioned, "Hopefully they can help us."

Muramasa tried to think of what other Titans existed, only imagining more Godzilla-like creatures, "I hate to keep asking questions but... is there more than one Godzilla. I've seen Kiryu, who looks like a burned twin, but what about the other Titans?"

Before Emi could answer, she spotted Wataru, entering the hallway.

Muramasa followed her gaze, seeing the pilot and keeping his mouth shut.

The couple heard the footsteps before Wataru stepped up to the door.

Jay and Wataru stared at each other for a moment, leaving everyone else in silence.

Wataru lowered his eyes, rubbing his head, "Uh... hey..."

Jay nodded, "How are you doing?"

"I'm... alive. That's all I can say. I'm a big mess, but... I'm alive, which I think is the biggest problem right now." Wataru looked down to the broken door, "I don't think anyone is going to be fixing that, anytime soon."

"No, it's going to be left there cause we keep smashing it." Jay said as he leaned forward, "Want to join us? We are all kind of just trying to stay calm."

Wataru looked to the shattered mirror in the sink, and the blood-covered shards on the floor, "Adaine told me, that you are taking Teruo's death pretty hard... I didn't think that would affect you that much."

Jay removed his hand from Yûmi's, about to squeeze her fingers, "I do blame myself. Kiryu and I were being impatient and-"

"You aren't to blame. I am." Wataru stepped over Muramasa's legs, leaning against the wall next to Emi, "I keep replaying my conversation with Teruo and Adaine... we decided to leave all the pilots here and go back to help you, but in reality, I don't know what we planned on doing. You took that thing down, and we... I just added to the list of casualties."

Jay stood up, starling Wataru.

The pilot sighed, holding his fist out to Wataru, "You didn't do anything wrong. We were facing something with the power we hadn't seen before. I didn't know what to expect throughout that entire fight."