Chapter 68. Beginning of the End

Gigan flew over the island, trying to spot a living thing anywhere in sight, yet all she found were wildfires. Bolts struck randomly as if Monster X still aimed at the island with malicious intent.

The rain was getting worse, the wind was picking up, and the battles fought here were now being washed away, except for the damages done.

"Jay, where'd you go?" Adaine asked herself, finding a set of footprints heading off in a straight line with another set beside it.

Gigan tracked the footprints, eventually finding Oblivion, dead and burning.

Adaine landed next to the kaiju, seeing only the head was untouched by flames.

The Xilien exited her kaiju, leaping off onto one of Gigans blades. She slide down, the rain making it easier until she finally landed on Oblivion's head.

Resting on his knees, with his arms on his lap was a roasted Bolo. His body was disfigured and contorted, almost as if he had forcibly pushed himself out of his kaiju and through the fire which was getting closer.

Adaine approached slowly, trying to see if he was still alive, "Bolo?"

The buff Xilien didn't respond, yet Adaine remained cautious, unable to see his face in the dark, yet the fire had just barely lit him up for her to see his body was not fully torched.

Adaine got closer, almost squatting by the time she stopped a few feet away, "Bolo?!"

Finally, she saw movement, his head slowly picking up, "..." he murmured to her.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you," she got closer, "Can you speak up?"

Bolo slumped over, "Won't ... won't let me die in peace?" His voice was raspy and incomplete as if some words weren't able to leave his mouth. He slowly started to fall over before Adaine caught him, "I can end this. If you want me to."

"I saw it," Bolo coughed, "I saw why Kastr despises us so much. I saw what we did to him. I saw why... he subjected us to this life."

"What are you talking about?" Adaine kneeled beside him.

"Kastr, I saw his monstrosity. I finally saw what it was..." Bolo looked up, letting the rain hit his face, "I get now why we deserve this fate. This unfulfilling and pointless life... I didn't even get to fight on my terms."

"Hey, Bolo, what are you talking about? Is Kastr's monster that thing Monster X is trying to bring here?"

He took a glance at her, shaking his head, "... a lot of power is needed..." Bolo started to fall forward until Adaine held his shoulder, "Hey, what is it? What's in the breach?"

"You know, Yaden managed to get rid of Kastr momentarily. We sent him away, but he'll be back. He always comes back, he never leaves us." Bolo barely turned to Adaine, "They are going to come back, and kill us all."

"They? Who are they? Why won't you make any sense?" Adaine asked as Bolo peeled his arm off his leg, attempting to place his palm on Oblivion's armor, "Whatever that thing is, it will find its way back with Kastr... I suggest you leave... try to escape." Bolo shook his head, "... no, don't escape. There is no escape... just survive."

"So Kastr isn't watching us? Then what's the monster trying to get through the breach?"

"He is gone, we tried to plan accordingly... but it happened too fast. Monster X was already assigned to come here before I fought Kastr. We finally sent him away but I was dragged here..." Bolo sighed, "This was pointless..." he slumped over. "Disappointing and pointless..."

Adaine shook him a little, "Hey, what is trying to get through the breach? Tell me!"

"... can't... It can't... needs a lot of power to get to here..." Bolo's head dropped.