Chapter 34.

- With Yumi and Emi -

Yumi shut the door, looking to her sister who was sitting next to a pile of folded clothes she had dumped on her bed, "So... want to tell me about Jay?"

"What?" Yumi walked over to her bed, taking off the blankets and pillows to rearrange them, anything to look busy.

"Don't try to hide it." Emi leaned over, following Yumi's eyes, "I saw that look in your eyes when his name was brought up."

"I'm just sad that he's gone, that's all," Yumi explained, "He's out there with the titans and those kaiju and it just makes me sad knowing he could probably die."

"I haven't been informed of the details as how Kiryu morphed into a kaiju, but what did it do to Jay?" Emi gestured to the door, "The fact that Wataru knows who we are, means you must have had to do something to give us away, am I right? So what was it?" Yumi glanced back to Emi who crossed her arms and raised a brow to her twin, "I'm waiting."

"Fine." Yumi sat on her bed, facing her sister and letting her head drop, "Something has been happening to Jay ever since he connected to Kiryu. He began to change mentally as well as physically. To make a long story short, he was adapting to Kiryu who was slowly turning into a kaiju. Every time I would see Jay, he would look different or the bags under his eyes got worse. He looked tired but he never said anything about it. He never mentioned the scars, or the wounds he got." Yumi placed her hands to her legs, tensing up with tears dropping to her pants.

Emi walked over and sat next to her twin, "Go on. Keep going." She rubbed Yumi on the back.

Yumi cried, "It hurt. My stomach would ache when I saw him bleeding... it was even worse when they had to cut him out of Kiryu's conn-pod." She covered her mouth, weeping at the memory of the pilot getting pulled through the halls, barely alive and covered in blood.

"What? Cut out of Kiryu? How?" Emi tried to piece it together, knowing how a jaeger's conn-pod functioned, but questioned if Kiryu's was the same.

"On one of his trips out there, he and the others fought off numerous kaiju. It lasted awhile but we lost only two pilots... and Jay, Jay was found hanging with a cord tied around his neck, dangling from the ceiling... bleeding..." Yumi struggled to inhale, feeling her stomach clench up, "So much blood and wounds... He was taken to the infirmary and they had to operate on him for almost an entire day."

Emi closed her eyes as her sister wept, not wanting to imagine what she had seen. "You can stop now. And I'm sorry you had to witness that."

"Had I known what was going to happen that day, I would have demanded Monarch free Mothra from containment." Yumi leaned over, letting her sister embrace her in a tight hug. Emi couldn't help but the tears build up in her eyes. That was the thing with Shobijin, and vice versa, they could feel each others emotions and sometimes even pain if it was great, and Emi could feel that gut twisting twitch.

Yumi inhaled quickly, "It was horrible, questioning for four weeks if Jay was ever going to wake up... and when he did... he was different. Every time he used Kiryu, he would return more and more different. It almost felt like he was becoming distant from the rest of us... but he is still human... trying to remain strong so he can keep us safe."

Emi let go of her sister, seeing a bite mark on her shoulder, giggling at the hickey that Yumi also tried to hide, "I'm guessing you two had some time together." Emi smirked, pointing to the mark, "Did you at least give him one back in return?"

Yumi questioned her twin until she followed her eyes, placing a hand to the bite, "I did... it was nice... and peaceful."

"That bite does not look peaceful." Emi giggled with her sister, glad to see her sister smiling.