Chapter 6.

I prepared for combat, watching as Jet Jaguar stood ready.

I walked up beside him, watching as the Kaiju stopped swimming under the water, slowly emerging.

From its back, massive tendrils whipped through the water, flailing around, smacking against the water as the monster rose.

"Sir, what can you tell us about this Kaiju?" I asked.

Pentecost responded as if he already knew I was going to ask, "It's a cat 5, the first of that category, codenamed Slattern."

"Category 5, huh?" I said. "I've never really thought about it but what category would Godzilla be?"

"He would go off the scale in terms of everything. That's why I'm glad he defends us... would not want to make an enemy out of him."

The Kaiju raised its head from the ocean. Revealing its glowing blue eyes.

I launched the missiles from my chest, hitting the Kaiju's head as it began to roar.

Jet Jaguar ran to the monster. I did as well, following behind him.

The Kaiju roared once more, causing the smoke to blow away from its face. The three tails shot over its head, aiming right for Jet Jaguar's head but he was too quick, grabbing all the trails in its hands.

"Jay, take it down!" Komada yelled.

I went under his arms and tackled the beast, grabbing its face and taking it under the water.

"That's not what I meant, but hold it still!"

The monster lifted its head, pushing me back, "That's easier said than done!" Slattern pushed forward, knocking me back into Jet Jaguar.

My feet slid on the ground, I almost completely submerged into the ocean.

"Jay. Are you alright?!"

"Sir, I'm tougher than I look, focus on the Kaiju," I said as I stood tall. Kiryu growled as I became annoyed. I wasn't a trainee, I have killed Kaiju before, slattern being a category 5 doesn't make a difference.

I looked around, turning on the lights on my head, keeping an eye out for the Kaiju as it had submerged into the ocean.

"Back to back!" I yelled.

Jet Jaguar stood behind me, facing the other way and searching the water as well.

I formed my hand into a drill as I looked around.

"Jay, our radar is saying it's two miles away, and it's heading right at us at an incredible speed!" Komada yelled.

I turned around, seeing the ocean bulging upwards. Jet Jaguar prepared for impact.

I went under the water and started swimming at Slattern, it growled as it picked up speed. I closed my fists, causing the boosters on my feet to launch me forward at a greater speed.

The monster went down, sending its tail stabbing at my face.

I was going too fast to move out of the way. The tail stabbed right for my head.

I spun out of the way only to get stabbed in the eye. I yelled out as Kiryu roared. I could feel it, I could feel my eye be pierced. My right eye wasn't wounded and I was afraid to open it but I had to; the Kaiju was still out there.

"Jay watch out!"

I opened my eyes, still managing to keep my vision. My focus returned to the Kaiju, right as it swatted its claws at me.

I held up my hands and pushed back the beast, my drill began to spin as I stabbed into its shoulder, causing the monster to roar and stab its tails at me once again.