Chapter 77. The Enraged Duo

Ghidorah laughed at the sight of the two titanic atomic creatures. One had only just arrived and already it was rivaling the power of the other who had been recently injured.

Now they both stood tall and mighty.

Ghidorah could do that too, standing upright and spreading its massive wings. Lightning accompanied the kaiju's cackling. All three heads charged up, ready to attack Godzilla.

To the kaiju's surprise, Godzilla had began to power up as well, except he didn't attack with a projectile, instead taking off into a charge and running straight into the kaiju.

Ghidorah blasted Godzilla, showing it had an effect with Godzilla roaring out, but he still continued forward, ramming his shoulder into the kaiju and pushing the trio back.

The kaiju wanted to attack the king, but were distracted by the sound of a charging wave of energy growing behind them.

The trio looked to Kiryu who had swallowed up the area in flames. The blood red Titan roared out, his jaw splitting down the middle and unleashing a white beam which shot into the kaiju's back.

Ghidorah screeched at the laser blasting away it's scales. The kaiju leaped back and instantly took off into the sky.

Again Kiryu blasted Ghidorah in the back, having the kaiju lose its balance in flight.

Godzilla grabbed one of the kaiju's tails and yanked the trio down.

Ghidorah let out a blast from all three heads, striking Godzilla arms and head.

The kings hands had slipped, allowing Ghidorah to fly away, only to get shot in the wings by Kiryu.

Godzilla looked back to Kiryu. Any other time the king would detest the this copy of himself, but he had gotten use to the fact that this thing was here to help. Instead, Godzilla growled at Ghidorah, staring down the kaiju with Kiryu.

Kiryu stomped toward Ghidorah, leaving Godzilla to charge after the kaiju in a rush.

The webbing in Ghidorahs left wing had a hole burned through it, forcing Ghidorah to take on a rough landing.

They quickly got to their feet and fired an immediate blast at Godzilla, trying to stop his charge but the king never let up.

This was his planet, these were his people, this was his territory. No false king would take this world from him.

Godzilla ran headfirst into the kaiju, this time Ghidorah retaliated by charging too, slamming into the king and forcing him back with strength alone.

Kiryu charged up another beam, his levels growing bigger with his grin.

Before blasting at the two giants, something caught Kiryu's eye.

The Titan slowly turned to something stone like in the distance. A few blocks away, a strange structure stood out compared to the rest of the city.

While getting closer, Kiryu began to recognize the broken pieces laid out.

When he reached the structure, he realized it wasn't destroyed debris from the city. It was Caesar.

Kiryu's host had seen this before, he knew what it was, he knew who was inside... but where was the one inside?

Had he perished too? Had everyone died here today?

Kiryu felt a certain sting inside, knowing it was his host.

Rather than force the thoughts away, Kiryu had put the idea together that he had only wanted to no longer be restrained. He had protected the boy from harm, had kept him from dying. Kiryu had become his own being, yet he had no other purpose than to fight, even if it meant enduring through nothing but pain.