Chapter 72. One Last Time

Pentecost stood before the pilots, holding his shoulder, "I must apologize for all you have been through. You have all fought so hard for this planet and lost so much because of this war. But I am asking you one last time to fight, not just for yourselves but for all of humanity. This will be the biggest fight of your lives, aided by titans against these extraterrestrial invaders."

Pentecost glanced to Kujo and Adaine, "After this war has ended, we can mourn the ones we lost finally and allow them to rest in piece."

Wataru sniffed, trying to keep his composure yet the tears flowed. Allison pulled him into a hug, crying with him.

"That pain you feel, use it. Don't let it disrupt your focus; utilize what you feel inside to strengthen yourselves. Fight with all the power you have. Fight until your enemies lie dead at your feet! Fight so all of humanity can see that we will never fall!" Pentecost raised his hand in a strong salute, "If you shall fall in battle today, let it be known that your bravery will be remembered forever."

The pilots responded with their own salute, feeling a moment of pride that they were about to bring the war to an end.

Wataru let go of Allison, hiding his face as he stood aside. He wiped the tears away, trying not to look at Adaine.

"Even you Wataru," Pentecost mentioned, "Thank you for your service."

Wataru's eyes widened for a moment, looking back to Pentecost. He limped for a second as he tried to stand tall, holding his wounded leg and saluting back to the director.

"Can I count on all of you to finally end this?" Pentecost asked.

"Yessir," The pilots said as one.

"I said, can I count on all of you?!" Pentecost asked proudly.

"Sir yessir!" The pilots shouted.

"Then man your jaegers. Hopefully for the last time," Pentecost demanded.

Sebastian and Allison helped Wataru to the floor, allowing him to rest. They said their goodbyes, stepping onto the pad and instantly disappearing.

Emi looked passed everyone, watching as Jay and Yumi slowly swayed back and forth in each others arms. Yumi hummed a tune which matched their movements.

Jay placed a kiss on her forehead, "Be careful out there."

Yumi responded with a kiss, "You too. Make it back to us, okay?"

They held each other until they realized Emi was standing beside them. She gave them a quick wave with a small smile, "Sorry, I just love seeing you two together."

Yumi and Jay chuckled for a second. Jay then asked for Emi's hand as well, "Also I know I can't ask anything of you at the moment, you need to look out for each other, but can you also keep an eye on Moto. He's out there. Nick told me he helped fight Oblivion, so I feel he can handle himself but-"

The twins held up his hands, "We will." They gave him a confident smile. "We also have our own backup coming to help us."

Yumi gave him a small kiss before the twins held and headed to the pad. Emi gave Jay a nod of approval while Yumi glanced to Jay one last time before vanishing.

Jay noted a small hint of worry in her eyes, leaving him to sigh. He dropped his soft demeanor, "Alright, I'm heading to Antartica with Gage and Mack. What are you guys going to be doing?"