Introduction

In 1954, the world was made aware that something had awakened from a deep sleep, Godzilla.
The reason for his awakening is still unknown, but others have theorized he woke up to fight the Kaiju that appeared a few months later. Although they were small, they still did damage to the nearby cities.

In 1972, a Kaiju had crash-landed near New York, destroying the Statue of Liberty and killing thousands, Godzilla reached the city and killed the Kaiju, codenamed, Gigan.

It was because of Gigan that the world realized someone was trying to get rid of us. These Kaiju attacks weren't random, they were trying to make us extinct.

In 1974, all the world's leaders put their best teams of scientists and engineers together and began creating giant robots, mechs, Jaegers that would be able to stand against Kaiju threats.

In 1975, my father and his friend Kazunari were the first successful Jaeger pilots, being able to operate the nearly 220-foot robot. They were successful in aiding Godzilla in a fight by firing missiles from the sideline. At the time of their first battle, my father and his copilot were 20.

In 1999, after successfully fending off the Kaiju attacks, a spaceship had risen from the depths near Hong Kong. An odd organic ship with a single canon implemented on one side.

My father led the ship away from the city, even managing to freeze it with the Jaeger's Subzero Canon.

Godzilla showed up after that and fought the ship that had now mutated into a Kaiju, codenamed Orga.

While Godzilla fought Orga, my father and Kazunari were left unconscious.

More Jaegers were dispatched to pick up my father before they were killed by the ongoing battle. A few weeks later my father had passed away, having died of cancer he had been hiding so that he could fight alongside Godzilla.

Kazunari was outraged by this, after recovering from his injuries, he left the base, no one had seen him since. I could only speculate my dad hid the fact that he had cancer, from his copilot.

Because of this, I was left in the care of one of my dad's friends, Erika Shiragami. She was a kind woman, her father was known for helping create the Jaegers. At the time, I was 5.

In 2013, we discovered that portals were opening at the bottom of our oceans. Kaiju were being sent to kill us, but we still didn't know why besides the obvious, they wanted us dead.

Godzilla protected us, our Jaegers stood ready for attacks, but we couldn't prepare for what happened next.

In 2014, three Kaiju rose from the ocean. Two near the Pacific Ocean codenamed Muto's, and a third in the Hudson Bay, codenamed Raiju.

Godzilla swam to Raiju and engaged the single monster.

Our base dispatched three Jaegers to kill the two in the Pacific. 

Five hours later, two Jaegers were destroyed, and the third was unable to operate. Only one of the Muto's had survived and was heading towards Hong Kong, where I had been for the past few months.

During that time, I was eager to fight so I took my chances and highjacked a work-in-progress Jaeger.

With me being the only pilot, my body was heavily restrained but I was able to operate the jaeger better than any other trainee. I had studied how the robots worked, what was needed to keep them from falling over. I even learned of the weapons every Jaeger was equipped with.

The mech I was in, was new to me, and all the guns had no ammo. When I headed out, I took an antenna that had broken off a nearby building and killed the Muto by stabbing it through the head.

I returned to base with the surviving pilots but was met with guns aimed at my head and a pair of handcuffs, something I should have expected for piloting a Jaeger, risking my safety and those around me.

That wasn't the worst part of the day, Raiju was killed a few hours later, but Godzilla had vanished from the area. The last we saw of him, he dove into the ocean.
Many people, including me, began speculating that he went through the portal while it was open.

Two weeks later, I'm still in prison, the world is beginning to panic, and from what I've heard, more Jaegers are being created to fight the Kaiju attack that's predicted to happen anytime now.

And that leads us to today, September 25th, 2014, sitting in my cell, waiting until the 27th for my birthday. So I can at least eat something decent besides the halfassed food they provide.