Chapter 29.

Kiryu's chest stitched shut, hardening it's ribcage under it's burned flesh to keep Jay hidden from the outside world.

The Kaiju marched out to sea, knowing it had to move away from the human population. His tail swaying slowly while his head was shrouded in smoke. His energy was still rising, but now they were stable, continuously building up power that it stored inside.

"Jay, can you hear me?" Connor asked.

"Of course, have you been talking this entire time?" Jay asked as he began to question how Connor's voice sounded like it was coming from somewhere else.

"No. I stayed quiet so you can spend your time with the others." Connor said.

Jay attempted to move but his body only seemed to cause Kiryu to steer right, "Did I do that?"

"Of course." Connor's voice echoed in Jay's ears, "Can you see through his eyes?"

Jay nodded, "Yes... but why can I hear you so clearly?"

"All three of us are one. As long as you remain inside Kiryu, our minds are one. Your mind is now strong enough to tell Kiryu what to do or where to go." Connor explained, "Just don't push your limits... if you start to feel Kiryu rejecting your influence, stand down."

"What happens if I push my limits?" Jay shook his head immediately after asking that, "Nevermind. I shouldn't be asking that."

"The last time you pushed your limits, you ended up with less than 50 percent of your bodily fluids bleeding from every scar, and Kiryu had kept you in place where he nearly strangled you to death." Connor flashed the images of Jay entangled in the cords that had wrapped around his body. The very sight everyone witnessed when they entered Kiryu's conn-pod a month ago.

"Wait, how am I seeing all this?!" Jay flinched at the imagery flashing through his mind, until Connor pulled those thoughts back, "Before I was able to finally speak to you, I could only see the world through your eyes or Kiryu's. But after you went unconscious, my abilities had some what returned. Now I can see what others see, but I can only hear what you hear."

"I didn't need to see that." Jay tried to forget the sight of his mutilated body.

"That was what happened when Kiryu was a Jaeger, imagine how his body will react when your mind snaps." Connor stated, "So do all three of us a favor and do what you said you would do and don't be reckless."

"When?" Jay murmured, "What the hell do you mean when?"

"What?"

Kiryu stopped walking as Jay commanded, "You said when your mind snaps..."

"Yes, Jay, eventually when your mind can't handle the stress me and Kiryu are keeping away from you, you'll either perish, or... I can't image what'll happen after that..."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?!" Jay yelled out, causing Kiryu to start growling with more smoke making its way out.

"Jay! That doesn't mean any time soon! That means if you are killed, when you die of old age, or if someone else with psychic abilities tries to disrupt the way we operate."

Jay wished Connor had a form, or something he could punch, "Then say that. Don't say it like I'm gonna go insane some day."

"You might."

"What?!" Jay panicked, feeling his heart and Kiryu's beginning to beat a little faster. If he lost his mind, how effective would his influence be over Kiryu? Or would Kiryu simply go with what he's being told when the pilot loses his mind?