Chapter 17.

Kiryu snored with its entire head submerged in the water. The ocean steaming around its body but the kaiju had cooled down enough for the people in the Shatter-Dome to see this Godzilla mimic resting and slowly bleeding out into the water.

Another kaiju that had caught the workers attention was the overgrown iguana, Zilla.

It kept its distance from the kaiju that was nearly three times his own size, sniffing the air and staying away from the thick puddle of blood that seeped from Kiryu's readjusting gills.

Zilla submerged its head, looking under water and seeing Kiryu had fallen into some form of slumber, resting and slowly breathing in as its blood continued to spill out and unnaturally pull back to the source.

Kiryu's own blood seeped from its gills but solidified along its body, fixing wounds and forming dark red scales.

Zilla lifted itself from the ocean, hearing his father, Dr. Tatopoulos, calling out to him. Zilla swam over, putting his snout to the base and allowing his father to climb aboard the kaiju's nose.

Dr. Tatopoulos walked over to Zilla's eye, pointing to Kiryu, "Go slowly."

Zilla sank back into the water with only the top of his head and its dorsal fins protruding from the surface. The kaiju took his time, getting closer to the large puddle of blood.

Dr. Tatopoulos felt the heat form the kaiju, the steam was hot and the blood reeked badly, burning his nose. He tapped his foot twice on Zilla's snout, having the kaiju back away and circle around the slumbering Kiryu. The doctor held a finger to his earpiece, "From what I can see, Kiryu is healing. Its' skin is soft and open to the world. There's no scales to protect itself and its metal plates have fallen off completely. I can see it all the augmentations from here, resting at the bottom of the ocean."

Zilla made it to the front of Kiryu, "The Jaeger is resting... er, I mean kaiju? It, is sleeping." Dr. Tatopoulos looked back to the base, seeing the pilots waving at them. He waved back, "Sir, is it alright if the pilots joined me. They are really worried about Jay."

Pentecost allowed it on the other end of the earpiece.

Tatopoulos tapped his foot twice again, and pointed out to the base. Zilla swam over to the base, allowing Wataru, Terou, and Moto jump onto the kaiju's snout, albeit, they hesitated as Zilla got closer. It was small, but it was still big enough to scare even the toughest man with its mere presence.

Tatopoulos helped the boys onto Zilla's snout, informing them to sit down as to not fall off the kaiju.

They obliged and sat together, keeping one another from falling to one side or the other.

"Have you guys managed to find your friend?" Tatopoulos asked.

"Nothing yet, Shobi is still missing." Wataru mentioned, "Even on the security cams, we lose her in the crowd of workers."

"I wonder where she went... wasn't she right next to us when Kiryu ran over here?" Moto asked.

"Yea, she was... she was standing right next to me and then a few seconds later, she vanished."

Terou covered his mouth, almost throwing up, having everyone look at him. The pilot burped before he coughed, "Sorry, I'm still getting use to being this close to a kaiju." He covered his mouth as he gagged again, "I'll get use to it... eventually... I should have stayed on land."

Wataru patted his friends back, "Don't worry, we are safe."

Tatopoulos smirked, "Heh, I don't blame you for being a little scared. This big bastard scared me too when I first came into contact with him. But... I've learned to stay calm, so that way Zilla stays calm." Tatopoulos patted the kaiju's snout, "He's actually quite obedient for a distant cousin of Godzilla."