Chapter 57. Shattered

Pentecost approached the control room, already hearing the constant arguing.

He straightened up before walking in and seeing the one he knew would give him a headache; wearing a big lab coat covered in stains and some burns on the edges of his sleeves. His short white hair parted to both sides, matched his small goatee. The man's rectangle glasses shined as he turned to the director, "Pentecost! Where is she?"

Pentecost raised his brow, "Normal people would say hello."

"Don't give me that shit. Where is my project?" The man stepped up to the director, gesturing to every other staff member in the room, "They won't give me an answer, so you must know."

"I'm sure they would give you an answer if you gave them a chance to speak," Pentecost stepped aside, "All these people have helped with whatever I needed. I'm sure they cou-"

"I don't care!" Winters turned to everyone, "45 million dollars went into that kaiju! So tell me! Where is my cyborg?!"

"Your cyborg?!" Adaine shouted.

The two men looked to the door, seeing almost every pilot standing behind Adaine.

"And who are you?" Winters almost shouted.

"Who called all of you here?" Pentecost asked.

"We did. Otherwise, I would have lost my fucking mind," Sebastian stepped into view with Allison.

Pentecost noted their posture and annoyed demeanor.

Winters pushed the director aside, "What do you know of project Visor? That machine is my priority and my property. I've been wor-"

"Project Visor?" Adaine looked back to Wataru, "He's talking about Gigan, right?"

"He is, and he won't shut up about it," Sebastian said as he noticed Pentecost approached his father.

"I don't know if you know this, but this is my base!" Pentecost stood over Winters, "Lay another finger on me and I will have you removed!"

"Please do," Allison commented, "Please just end this now and get him out of here."

"I don't need your commentary! So be quiet." Winters shouted and looked to Pentecost, "As for you, I have a government contract and I bought that machine."

"And I have spoken with the council, they know of your machine and have granted me access to utilize it against-" Winters ignored the director, resembling an angry child as he walked up to Adaine, "You, tell me where it is! Now!"

"Jesus, you are a jackass," Allison said before immediately slapping her hands over her mouth.

"What was that?" Winters glared to his daughter, "Did you just call me a jackass?! I am your father?!"

Sebastian stood in front of his sister, "Then act like a father!"

"I have more important priorities than watching over you two!" Winters shouted, "Now tell me again what you just called me!"

"She called you a jackass! And I'm calling you an asshole!" Sebastian was immediately smacked, causing Adaine to shove the man to the floor, "Hey!"

Wataru grabbed Adaine, seeing the fury in her eyes, "Adaine, don't hurt him."

Winters leaned up, looking at this small thin woman who easily tossed him aside, "What are you?"

"She is the one who has been using-" Pentecost stopped as Adaine walked over to Winters, "That machine is mine. It was created for me, it was designed for me. That machine's name is Gigan, and I would have thanked you for giving it a purpose again, but I can't thank you. You, who would slap your own child."