124. Dragon

"It's beautiful here," Luna noted as we sat around the seaside cottage. Stopping to play with the danging shells that made beautiful music when the wind hit them. 

"It was our aunt's," Bill informed her as he and Fleur tried to prepare something in the kitchen for us.  We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house. What's left of us at least."

"Muggles think these things keep evil away. But they're wrong," Luna kept staring at the windchimes. 

"I need to talk to the Goblin," That was the first we had heard Harry speak in a while. 

Bill agreed to this requesting. Leading the four of us up the narrow stairs in order to reach the two others we had helped escape captivity.

"How are you?" Harry asked him.

"Alive," Griphook Sat on the large chair with his hands folded together. 

"Your probably don't remember that you-"

"Thank I showed you to your vault the first time you came to Gringotts?" Griphook didn't strike me as a man that forgot easily. Much less a man who would forget about the chosen one. "Even amongst goblins, you're famous, Harry Potter." Harry didn't say anything else as he moved over the small window that looked out to the sea. "You buried the elf?"

"Yes," Harry peeled his eyes away from the window to look at the goblin. 

"And brought me here," Griphook noted as he sat up in his seat. "You are... very unusual wizard. How did you come by the sword?"

"It's complicated," Harry looked over to the sword resting against the wall he was stood by. "Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think that it should be in her vault at Gringotts?"

"It's complicated," Griphook gave the same answer.

"The sword presented itself to us, in a moment of need. We didn't steal it," Harry told him.

"There is a sword in Madam Lestrange's vault identical to this one. But it is a fake," Griphook explained. "It was placed there this past summer."

"And she never suspected it was a fake?" Harry asked.

"The replica is very convincing," Griphook shook his head. "Only a goblin would recognize that this is the true Sword of Gryffindor."

"Who is the acquaintance?" Hermione asked.

"A Hogwarts Professor," Griphook looked over his shoulder a bit to speak to her. "As I understand that he's now Headmaster."

"Snape?" Ron looked as confused as the rest of us. The slimy greece ball who betrayed us wasn't who we were expecting. "He put a fake sword in Bellatrix's vault. Why?"

"There are more than a few curious things in the vaults at Gringotts," Griphook put on his mysterious and low voice. 

"And in Madam Lestrange's vault as well?" I asked.

"Perhaps," Griphook shrugged. 

"I need to get into Gringotts. Into one of the vaults," Harry told him.

"This is impossible," Griphook said.

"Alone, yes," Harry nodded his head. "But with you, no."

"Why should I help you?" Griphook rested back in his chair, folding his hands together once more. 

"I have gold," Harry offered. "Lots of-"

"I've no interest in gold," Griphook waved his hand, uninterested with the offer on the table.