57. First Task

Four champions sat nervously in the tent as they waited for the teachers and Crouch to tell us all what we had already known about the task. They looked nervous, even though they were well prepared for this before they even entered the tent.

What was I doing you may ask, well funny story.

"Harry, do you think I should write dear mum or dearest mother, on the letter they will send to her after I die today?" I was sat on one of the beds with a quill in my hand, ready to die basically. Not that I wanted to, but that was a bloody fucking dragon, and I could barely convince Liam's dog Loki to sit. Whatever they had planned out surely wasn't going to end well for me.

"Hope, you aren't going to die," Harry told me again as he had to listen to me talking like this for the past week.

"Write dear mum, sounds less formal," Cedric smirked at me as he walked by.

"See that, Harry," I pointed to the Hufflepuff boy. "Thats called helping me when I'm stressed out."

Harry rolled his eyes at me as he walked away. I could not come up with a single plan on how to battle a dragon. Was I meant to kill it? Because I didn't want to kill it as I would surly lose Hagrid as a friend. And like, animal right or whatever. Are dragons even classified as animals?

My eyes shot over as I watched Hermione jump out from behind the curtain and into Harry's arms. A flash went off on the other side of the room as Rita walked in. I could not believe she still had access after what she wrote. Granted, she wrote what I said. But she talked a whole lot of shit about Harry that was untrue. What a bitch.

"You love," Rita walked in as if any of us wanted her there. "Oh, how... stirring. If everything goes.. unfortunately, today, you two may even make the front page."

"You have no business here," I had to blick a couple of times as I realized this was the first time I heard Krum talk. The muscular boy walking up to Rita with an annoyed look. "This tent is for champions... and friends."

"No matter," Rita looked him up and down, and that just disgusted me. She was at least in her thirties, and he was barely 18. What a perve. "We've, uh, got what we wanted."

"Good day, champions, Gather around please," Dumbledore had such a cheery voice as he lead the pack of, what I liked to call, teachers and adults who act like they care but really don't. I got off of my bed as I walked over to them as I stood between Harry and Fleur. "Now, you've wanted, you've wondered, and at last, the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate." He turned his head a bit as he realized Hermione was standing with us. "What are you doing here, Miss Granger?"

"Oh, um... Sorry, I'll just go. Good luck," Hermione told us before she walked out of the tent.

"Barty, the bag," Dumbdlore called him over to sand in our little circle of tributes.

"Champions, in a circle around me," He moved us around as to be in age order as I now stood between Cedric and Harry. "Thats right. Now... Miss Delacour, if you will."

Fleur looked down at the bag in front of her with hesitation before pulling out a minny dragon.

"The Welsh green," Crouch told her. He counited around in the circle as we each pulled out a min dragon. I got the Peruvian Vipertooth Dragon, nasty little bitch already tried to bite my figure off. "These represent five very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple: Collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue, without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?" I, of course, just had to raise my hand. "Yes, Miss Stylinson?"