129. A broken brother

"Hold still peanut," Harry was holding my hand as we sat in the kitchen. He had a very concentrated face as he used the little brush to try and paint my nails. 

"You know I used to wish I had a sister growing up, turns out I have you," I teased him as he rolled his eyes.

"Don't knock the polish, women go crazy for it," Luke was leaning on the other side of the island with his phone in his hand. Bright red locked in on his nails.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes, and she is a woman who goes crazy for them," Luke smirked as he placed his phone down.

"I think you just ruined nail polish for me," My face scrunched up in a sour way. 

"Well not today," Harry tugged on my hand again as he tried to get to my thumb. "So, how is your whole ambassador thing going?"

"Boring," I sighed. "I just give conferences every day, I want to do something more exciting with my life."

Over the past two months, I had been attending these daily press conferences. And let me tell you, there are only so many questions one can be asked before your mind is numb. I would be lying if I said the world had been all rainbows and unicorns, because it wasn't. There were still bad people on both sides. But people were growing with the fact that magical people walked amongst them. And I was becoming more and more popular with the muggle community, particularly with the younger generations. And I mean, are we even surprised? I am like the best damn role model for children. 

This has been a warning on not to do as I do.

But I wanted something more in my life, I wanted that thrill again. I didn't think I would miss it, but I do. Harry and Ron were currently training to be Aura's and that sounded like a more entertaining job than being a diplomatic middle field. 

"Well, you're going on Jame's show tonight, how much more interesting can that be?" Harry chuckled.

Did I forget to mention I am in LA?

Right, I am currently in sunny California staying at Harry's place as in only a few hours I will be going on the Late Late Show with James Corden. He was the only one I felt comfortable doing an interview with, mainly because I have known the man since I was 10. I didn't know if I could trust some of these other talk show hosts, but I could surely trust him with my life. 

"I want to be out there taking down the bad guys again," I blew on my fingers to try and dry them when he was finished. "Locking those assholes away for good this time."

"And give us a heart attack?" Luke pressed his lips together.

"I give you those daily, nothing else will change," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey, hey!" We heard Louis's voice come through the front door before he walked into the kitchen. Little footsteps following after him till I saw a head of blonde hair making a b-line to Luke. "Look who I got today."

"Uncie Luke!" Freddie jumped up and down as he wanted to get picked up by Luke.

"Hey buddy," Luke swept him up in his arms as Freddie threw his head back with giggles.

"Tall as the sky!" Freddie looked to his father.

"I hope you know you're only his favorite because he likes how tall you make him," Louis smirked.

"I'll still take that," Luke grinned as he bounced Freddie around.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he came over and gave me a quick hug. "I thought you were still in London."