59. Yule Ball

AN: I just wanted to say that I'm number three in Luke Hemmings right now... thats crazy! Thank you so much!!

Getting ready shouldn't have been as difficult as it seemed to be. I have never plucked my own eyebrows before. The only time I have ever had them done was when Lou did them out of boredom on tour. I learned how to do basic makeup from Lottie as my brothers were surly no help in that department. Hair was also Lou's department as she did different styles in my hair almost every day on tour. But none of this helps me as I don't possess any of these skills. For fucking sakes, Harry could paint my nails better than I could.

"God damn it, I hate eyeliner!" I threw the death stick on the sink counter before I grabbed a makeup remover wipe to take off my eye look for the third time.

"Hope, are you going to give in now?" Hermione looked at me through the mirror with a smirk.

"No, I shall do this the muggle way as my ancestors did for thousands of years," I was not about to cave. Makeup shouldn't be this hard!

"I am all for the muggle way of life," Hermione took her wand out as she walked closer to me. "But... one little spell, and you are all done and ready to go. No stress needed."

"You are trying to deprive me of my learning," I told her. "You, the queen of the classroom, are trying to not let me learn."

"I'm all for you, learning makeup. But maybe not on a day like this," Hermione said. "Just let me do it, Hope."

"Fine, but I'm doing my own hair," I caved, just a bit. "I'm not letting you mess with my curls."

Hermione let out a laugh before she pointed her wand at my face. I closed my eyes as Hermione spoke the spell. This better turn out good, or I swear on my life I would-

"Open your eyes," Hermione whispered to me. "You look great."

I opened my eyes as I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked nothing like my self. Well, I did, but I looked older. My green eyes looked brighter with the smokey eye look. It had a pop of red through blended into it that matched with my rosy cheeks. They seemed carved out more as my cheekbones would resemble Louis now with how strong they looked. My lips finishing off with a light glossy as the pink of my lips looked more sparkly than ever before.

"Wow," I breathed out. "I look amazing."

"I told you so," Hermione smiled at me as she played with my hair. "Now, what are you going to do with this."

"Hey, I gave you my face, you don't get my hair," I pulled it away, casuing her to laugh.

"Well, figure it out soon, we got less than an hour before we have to be downstairs and ready to go," Hermione walked out as I leaned my head left and right. What to do... what to do...

I decided to go with two small braids that I did on both sides. I wrapped them around my head as I put them in a bun in a half-down half-up look. I let some hair out in the front that framed my face.

I walked away from the bathroom vanity to go over to my bagged dress that sat hanging on the shower rod. I unzipped the bag to stare at the extremely expensive dress. I still remember what Harry said when I first walked out in it.

"I don't know, Harry," I spoke through the curtain for the changing room. "I like it... but I don't know if I can pull it off."

"Well, just come out and show me," Harry said.

"Okay," I took a deep breath before I pushed the curtain back. Harry and Alexander stood off to the side as Harry looked at a couple of dress shirts. "What do you think."