17. House

We walked into the great hall to see students sat at the four long tables. I looked up to see the ceiling as the bright candles twinkled under the night sky. It was magic at its finest, and I was in love. To think a world as this existed and no one knew about it was crazy. We came to a stop at the front of the room as an old hat sat on a stool.

"All right. You will wait along here, please," McGonagall told us "Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words"

Behind her, an older man with long white hair and a matching beard stood up in a purple robe "I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden that all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death." I looked over to Harry to see he too was confused about why anything that dangerous would be kept in a school for children. "Thank you"

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head...and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger"

Hermione took a couple of deep breathes before she made her way up to the hat.

"Mental, that one. I'm telling you" I heard Ron whisper 

The hat started to mumble before it shouted out "Gryffindor!"

Hermione smiled as she walked over to the cheering table 

"Draco Malfoy" McGonagall called next 

He walked up with a determined look in his eyes with a smirk placed on his lips. The hat had barely touched his head before it yelled out...

"Slytherin!" 

"There's not a witch or wizard who didn't go bad in Slytherin," Ron told us. I found that hard to believe that they where all bad people. But if they were anything like Draco I would have to agree. 

"Susan Bones" the next girl was called

"Hufflepuff!" 

"Ronald Weasley" McGonagall called 

Ron looked nervous as he made his way up to the stool. 

"Ha! Another Weasley" The hat said starting Ron "I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor!"

Ron let out a huge sigh as he walked over to the table and sat next to a couple of ginger boys. I wondered if they were his brothers Molly was talking about. 

"Hope Stylinson" McGonagall called next 

"You got this" Harry said giving me a smile 

"Sure I do," I told him before I made my way up.

I sat down on the stool as the hat was placed on my head.

"Mhmm," The hat said in a voice that seemed to be going straight to my ears "Your cunning I see... but a bad liar. But your bravery, yes your bravery shines bright in you! Better be, Gryfindor!"

I smiled as that hat was taken off of me. Quickly walking over to sit next to Ron.

"We made the same house," I told him with a smile 

"I knew we would be good friends," He said giving me a smile back 

"Oh has Ickle Ronnikins have a girlfriend" A voice came causing me to look over to see two ginger-haired twins 

"Sod off" Ron mumbled before he looked at me "Ignore them"

"Who are they?" I asked him 

"My brothers Fred and George," He said with a sigh