93. Therapy

"I just want to know how," I shook my head as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Like, how did we get to this point in your career, that this is what is happening."

"I thought it would be cool," Calum mumbled as he held his head down in shame.

"You thought it would be cool?" I asked him rhetorically. "You thought that bleaching your hair... would look cool."

"Zayn did it," Calum agrued.

"Yes and we all know were Zayn's mental health is right now," I said.

"Can't have depression if you change your hair," Zayn shrugged his shoulders as he walked into the kitchen. "Then your depression doesn't know it's you."

"See!" Calum pointed at him.

"Not true, and not a good coping meconium," I rolled my eyes.

Turns out my mother's plans to keep me trapped on a boat all summer didn't go as planned. Seeing as my brothers have these things called jobs, and a week of two screaming babies on a boat made us all want to jump overbored and let the sharks decide our fate.

Today though was the twin's one-month check-up, so the parents were out. And basically, everyone except me, Zayn, and Calum. You know the ones that apparently don't have a life.

"I like it," Zayn nodded his head at Calum hair as he took a sip of water. "Looks good bro."

"See this is the kind of sibling support I was looking for," Calum gave me a pointed look.

"Well, you went to the wrong sibling for support mate," I patted his shoulder.

"You know my therapist says we should talk more openly about our problems," Zayn said.

"Calum," I looked at him. "I fucking hate your new hairstyle. Makes you look like an egg."

"I don't think thats what his therapist meant," Calum hit the back of my head.

"I was talking more personal issues," Zayn leaded across the island counter as he looked at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, currently I want to slap you because you're looking at me like someone kicked a puppy," I scrunched my face up.

"I meant more emotionally," Zayn rolled his eyes at me.

"Look Zayn I-"

"You know, I often feel a struggle in my purpose in life," Calum leaned on the counter as he looked at Zayn. "Like where I will be in 10 years. Because I certainly didn't see myself where I am now 10 years ago. And it often downs on me just how much we have done over the years, but I can't take the time to take it all in. Like I have to keep moving forward and not look back, you know? And with music evolving so much, how can we keep up? Will we even be relevant in a couple of years?"

"I mean, if you don't make songs like Money, you will," I told him.

"Hope, please, we are trying to heal here," Zayn put his hand up to stop me and my sarcastic responses. "Now Calum, I think you should start to take this little break and look more inward. And start accepting what you have done to fuel you to the next level. Your music is amazing and you shouldn't focus on what the future might hold, but rather live in the present."

"Thanks, I needed that," Calum smiled at him.

"Just a quick question," I said. "Now, are you planning on trading your new insight into psychology to pursue that instead of making music?"

"I just find the inside of a mind to be quite fascinating," Zayn said. "And I'm actually coming out with new music soon if you want to hear some."

"Is it about sex like Pillow Talk was?" I asked him.