56. Date night

The whole school had decided to go on a particular hate stan for two students. The two students you may ask, and I'm glad you did. Harry and myself. There were even badges with Harry's faces on them. I recon people were too scared to put mine on a badge, as I would surely start a row over it.

A bright flash went off as I blinked a bit. From the smoke came a particular annoying woman, Rita Skeeter.

"What a charismatic group," Rita looked upon as all just awkwardly stood for the picture before she walked over to shake our hands. "Hello, I'm Rita Skeeter. I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course, you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know. You're the juicy news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick? Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So who's feeling up to sharing?"

If you have been paying attention this long to my story. One, I'm sorry. But, two, you should know how much I loath the press. Bunch of gits if you ask me. And it seems like my fellow champions felt the same way as they didn't want to go either.

"Shall we start with the youngest? Lovely," Rita didn't even give Harry a chance to speak before she pulled him off somewhere else to interview him.

"Well, I don't like her," I brushed my hair off my shoulder a bit as I was told to keep it down for the photos. It was getting quite long, I would have to cut it soon.

"Yeah, she doesn't rub me the right way," Cedric said.

"I think the point is she wants to rub you," I looked over my shoulder to watch him scrunched up his nose.

"She seems too invasive," Flure spoke up.

"Yeah, something tells me Rita always gets her story. Whether she makes it up or not," I said.

A good five minutes had passed before Harry came back. I could only guess what she asked him as his face screamed it all. He did not like that woman.

"Hope, dear!" Rita called out to me. "Your turn!"

"Oh, its time to have some fun," I smirked as I walked over to her.

I had long known how to deal with reporters such as Rita. I had learned first hand from my brother's management teams on what to say and not to say, how to turn a story into what you wanted. But even with that knowledge, I still wanted to mess with this woman.

"So, Hope, tell me what it's like to be at such a disadvantage to your fellow champions," Rita asked me as we sat in a broom closet. Her quick quill writing down an endless amount of notes even before I had said anything.

"Oh, it feels great, Rita," I smiled brightly at her. "See, I know I won't win. But I do hope that when I die from one of the tasks, that my friends and family remember me as the narcissistic girl I am."

"Right," Rita clicked her tongue a bit. "Speaking of your family, how are they feeling? Are they worried? I heard some of your brothers are a bit famous in the muggle world. Any cancelations for you in order to deal with all of this?"

"Yes, my family is quite proud of me, but also terrified, you see," I lied to her. No way I was telling my family about this. No matter what threats I gave out, my mother should never know about this. "I think they might cancel everything and move to a little house on the sea to cope with just the mear idea that I was entered."

"And how did you feel when you entered?" Rita asked. "Did you feel somewhat powerful for the first time in your life?"

"I did not enter my self into this," I laughed a bit. "But if you could add in the atrical that when I find out who it was, that I will personally send them straight to hell, that would be great."