50. Chicken

My eyes blinked open as I realized I was in the Hosptial wing. Never a great place to end your year, but it seemed to be my favorite as I could not seem to go one year without ending it here.

"Ron?" I asked, looking over at the boy in the bed next to me.

"D-did you see that?" Ron asked me as he pointed to the middle of the room.

"See what?" I asked him as Harry and Hermione busted through the doors.

"How did you get there. You where... I was just talking to you there," Ron asked Harry and Hermione. "And now you're there."

"What's he talking about, Harry?" Hermione had a coy smirk on her face.

"I don't know," Harry shrugged. "Honestly, Ron, how can somebody be in two places at once?"

"Hope I swear they moved," Ron told me.

"Ron, my head hurt too much to keep up with you," I sighed out as I watched the door's burst open again. This time with Minister Fudge, Dumbledore, Snape, and Pomfrey.

"I told you they did it!" Snape accused us.

"Did what?" Harry asked, faking dumb.

"Don't lie, potter," Snape hissed "You helped set Black free."

"Professor, that is preposterous!" Pomfrey told him. "I didn't even leave a minute ago, and all four students were in here."

"Can you stop shouting?" I asked them. "My head is still throbbing."

"And what are you going to do about that one?" Snape pointed at me as he directed his attention to Dumbledore. "She was helping Black all year."

"Is this true, Miss Stylinson?" Fudge asked me

"No, sir," I said, shaking my head. "First time I laid eyes on his was tonight."

"I must take her word, Severus," Dumbledore told the fuming man. "I can personally vouch for her, as I set her up with a tight schedule with tutors to catch up from last year."

"I see," Fudge nodded his head. "Severus, do you have any evidence supporting your claims?"

"No," Snape hissed out.

"Then Miss Stylinson is not guilty of anything by my books," Fudge laughed a bit. "Now, with all this, I must be off. So much to report back to my people at the Ministry."

------------------------------------

I approached Lupin's office the next afternoon when I was released from the Hospital. Harry had told me he was planning on leaving and not returning. I just could not let this happen without a proper goodby.

"Professor?" I called as I stepped into his office.

"I'm sorry to inform you, I am no longer your professor," Lupin said, giving me a sad smile. "You may call me Remus."

"Well, Remus, you're the best damn defense teacher we have ever gotten," I said honestly.

"Thank you," Lupin said with a chuckle. "Thank you, it warms my heart to hear that."

"Do you really have to go?" I asked him.

"Yes," Lupin sighed. "Most parents would not want a werewolf teaching their kids."

"I'd be prepared to kick their arses if you like," I told him.

"I don't like I would be a good teacher if I let you do that, now would I?" Lupin raised an eyebrow at him. "But I want you to remember something, Hope. Don't let anyone dought your instincts, as your pretty damn good at getting to the bottom of things."