26. Dark Forest

As soon as Harry spotted Draco, we got our things and ran. We made it back into the castle as we started to slow down and catch our breaths. The halls were empty as I heard our footsteps echo a bit as we walked. 

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon," Harry told us. "Told me so the first time I ever met him."

"It's crazy," Ron said shaking his head at the thought. "And worse, Malfoy knows."

My eyes winded as McGonagall came around one of the corners with Draco by her side, "It just got worse."

"Good evening," McGonagall said. "Why don't you four join us in my office?"

She said it as a question but meant anything of the sort. We all walked into her office with our heads hung low as we quietly stood in front of her desk. Draco stood off to the side with a proud smirk plastered on his face. What a prick.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night," McGonagall said as she stood behind her desk. "Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50?" Harry asked. 

"Each," McGonagall told him as our jaws dropped in shock. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention."

"Excuse me, professor," Draco said stepping up. "Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us."

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall said causing a smirk of my own to come onto my face. "You see, honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention."

I smirked as I looked over at Draco who gave me a hard glare back. My brother Louis always said payback was a bitch. 

----------------------------------------------------------

The five of us walked with Filch outside of the castle and into the dark grounds of the night. I pulled my cloak closer to my body to keep some sort of warmth. Whoever thought this was the best way to serve detention needed to get their head looked at. 

"A pity they let the old punishments die," Filch said as he leaned us down the path to Hargrids hut. "There was a time detention would find hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming."

Correction, whoever let him still work here needed to get there head looked at. This man had some serious issues if he missed the sounds of people screaming. I saw Hagrid's door open as we started to get closer.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest," Filch informed us. "A sorry lot this is Hagrid... Oh, good god man, you're not still on about the bloody dragon, are you?"

"What happened to Norbert?" I decide to ask Hagrid as he snuffled some tears. 

"Norberts gone," Hagrid said as he busied himself with fixing his crossbow. "Dumbledore sent him off to Romania, to live in a colony."

"Well, that good isn't it?" Hermione asked him. "He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania?" Hagrid said with concern laced in his voice. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

Filch rolled his eyes, "Oh for god's sake, pull yourself together man. You're going into the forest, after all. Gotta have your wits about ya."

"The Forest? I thought that was a joke," Dracos whiny voice said. 

"Yes, because that is the funniest joke ever," I said looking at Draco as if he had grown a second head. I mean really, does it look like they are joking when we are standing two feet away from it.