14.||Over my Grave||

Mizpah

(n.) The deep emotional bond between people especially those separated by distance of death.

"I am sorry" apologized Shivaay, softly over the phone conversation after explaining Mallika everything

"I am sorry" apologized Shivaay, softly over the phone conversation after explaining Mallika everything. He made a mistake and he wanted to admit it instead of lying. His heart ached hearing that muffled cry she left. He never wanted to hurt her, he promised himself to take care of her always but he couldn't. He failed her, he failed their relationship.

"I don't know how could I do that?" he asked, not sure to whom. The sniff in her tone just increased his guilt and the break in her voice when she replied him could almost make him hear the heartbreak inside her.

"You kissed her because you feel for her!"

"I don't------" He was going to retaliate but Mallika interrupted him, it's high time they face and accept the truth "Let's not deny it Shivaay. You have felt for her always. Not from the day you met but since years ago. I know you enough to know that you don't have sexual attraction to someone you aren't emotionally attracted" she then led out a sad chuckle "And anyway she is Annika Jayant Deshmukh, she is everyone's first choice. I can never be the one."

Shivaay could feel her pain when she said those lines. He wanted to deny it but he knew it would be a lie, a lie both know the truth about. Mallika just have the guts to admit and he doesn't.

"I still want to be with you------if you would accept me?" he asked, gulping the lump in his throat. His eyes trailing through the glass panel toward Annika's room where she was looking at the mirror lost in some thoughts.

"I want the same Shivaay. You are my only chance to get over this pain, to feel that I have someone who is mine and doesn't hate me. To feel that there is someone who is happy to have me around and doesn't despise even my face" she answered in a breaking tone and despite being on voice call Shivaay could feel her tears leaving her eyes. He knew very well who she was talking about. The person she loved unconditionally who didn't return her affection even a bit. Her sister!

"I am sorry I won't repeat this mistake. I promise!" he apologized once again. He isn't ready to let go of Mallika. The best life partner he could ever get. The girl who understand him better than anyone.

"I know" said Mallika, in a soft tone "Come back home soon, husband-to-be" she added a soft chuckle in the end.

Meanwhile in the room Annika looked at the mirror, her index finger tracing the small bite mark on her lips. The flashes of the kiss echoed in her mind. The intensity. The force. The Passion. It was so consuming in that moment that she forgot the very reason why she made this deal. It wasn't right. She shouldn't feel for him. She shouldn't feel for anyone.

"Get a grip Annika. It's not your first kiss. Stop behaving like a hormonal teenager" she chided herself, shaking her head. Rubbed her fingers through her scalp before walking out toward the balcony and smirked seeing Shivaay dropping the call after talking to Mallika.