9.||The Wrong One||

orphic

(adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond human understanding

) mysterious and entrancing; beyond human understanding

"I don't believe you. You seriously didn't say that without any meaning" retorted Shivaay once again as they reached the jeweler shop. He gave Annika the car keys when she said that she doesn't want to lose him like someone else. It rushed a million emotions inside Shivaay all at once, something he couldn't decipher or name. The thought that she is scared to lose him gave him a sort of euphoria he was scared to admit.

But when asked about that person she blatantly said that this was just a filmy line she used to get the car keys from him.

Shivaay would have believed her if not for how extra-focused she was while driving. How her hands shivered or the sweat that formed on her face whenever another vehicle came close.

"I already answered you. Stop being stuck at that" snapped Annika, frowning while moving toward the shop when Shivaay held her hand and pulled her toward him "No. It wasn't just a casual lie. You meant it Annika. It held the care. Care for the person you talked about and even for me."

"Care? For you?" she chuckled mockingly "You seriously need to stop thinking so high of yourself Shivaay."

She stepped closer to him and looking straight into his eyes added "I DO NOT care for any other person in this world apart from myself. Always remember I am selfish, mean and I can and will screw anyone to get what I want."

With this she snatched her hand away from his hold and walked toward the shop "Now hurry up. I have a meeting scheduled later on." Shivaay just kept staring at her retreating figure. She was such an enigma, a mystery so complicated that it messed up Shivaay's entire existence. He wants to believe her words because he has seen her selfish and mean almost always but he can't deny what he feels. Can't deny the care he feels from her side!

"So which one of this is good?" Shivaay asked Annika as the jeweler showed them various designs. Getting no reply he looked at her to see her working on her phone "Annika you are here to help me" he frowned, pulling the phone away from her.

"I am here to help you with the size not design. I don't like shopping" replied Annika snatching her phone back. Shivaay scowled, she was irritating him once again. Although the person that was exasperating him the most right now was one of the shop's assistant who kept looking at Annika like she was piece of meat. While Annika remained unfazed by his lustful glance, it agitated Shivaay to no end.

Looking straight at the man, Shivaay shifted close to Annika and gripped her palm into him!

Annika looked at him amused at his action, than following his line of vision internally chuckled at his effort to safeguard her from someone's licentious gaze. She doesn't need it, she knew. She is over the time when she needed someone in her life to protect her, care for her but she couldn't bring herself to take her hand back.