HAPPY BIRTHDAY WARRIOR

Oneiredonyia 

(n.) restless, disturbed sleep, charcaterised by nightmares

"Papa, come-on my gift please" A recently eleven turned Annika asked her father as they drove through the almost vacant roads across the suburbs

"Papa, come-on my gift please" A recently eleven turned Annika asked her father as they drove through the almost vacant roads across the suburbs. It was her eleventh birthday and like a ritual between the father and daughter duo, Harshwardhan took her out for a long drive.

"What you want my warrior?" asked Harvardhan with a teasing smile, rotating the steering wheel through the corner to the right side.

"I want what you got me. I know you have something" insisted Annika, her father's gifts were always thoughtful and she just couldn't wait to see what he must have prepared this time.

"Well, I'll give you your present but first----------" He paused letting Annika complete who sighed "eleven values for the eleventh birthday."

"Exactly!" grinned Harshw=vardhan. He had made it a ritual to teach Annika fundamental values on her birthday, he did it from the moment she was born. But now she understood it better.

"First, God is supreme. He is always with us" he started, keeping his eyes on the road "There might be moments when you feel like God is unfair or that he doesn't even exist. But believe me he is always there. In form of your inner strength, hope. You just have to believe."

"I do believe. My God is driving the car" said Annika, leaning on his shoulder with a grin "You are my god."

"Cheesy much warrior" chuckled Harshvardhan "Second, Believe in yourself. Don't let anything or anyone undermine you. You are what you believe you are."

"I am my Papa's warrior" grinned Annika to which Harshvardhan rolled his eyes, but still a smile was there on his face.

"Third, work toward the change you wish to see in society. Don't expect it to change on your own or expect someone else to change it. Be that someone else"

"That's complicated. How I alone suppose to change everyone?" asked Annika, trying to slide her hand toward the small box at the block in front of the driving seat where she knew her present must be kept.

"You can't change everyone maybe not even a single person but you can change yourself. Start from that" replied Harshvardhan before slapping her hand and giving her a look.

"Fair enough" cribbed Annika with a frown, can he just give her the gift already?

"Fourth, Self-respect and dignity. Your self-respect and your dignity are within you. Until you wear it high like a crown nothing others do can malign it."

"Deep" exclaimed Annika "Next!"

"Annika, you better keep it in mind" Harshvardhan said in a serious tone seeing her trying to rush it to get her present.