HAPPY BIRTHDAY AYAH

Sophrosyne 

(n.) a healthy state of mind, characterized by self-control, moderation and a deep awareness of one's true self, and resulting in true happiness 

____________________________

This song is just the whole vibe this chapter show---do listen to it! 

Annika stretched her limbs in the comforter before rubbing her face in the pillow as the sunlight decanted through the open window "Layman close the window please---I need one more hour" when she didn't hear any reply, she frowned but still didn't...

Annika stretched her limbs in the comforter before rubbing her face in the pillow as the sunlight decanted through the open window "Layman close the window please---I need one more hour" when she didn't hear any reply, she frowned but still didn't open her eyes. How can she forget, her husband close Layman in their room every night. Irrespective if they have sex or not.

He says he just can't bear the thought of Layman watching him when he is sleeping.

As if Layman was a real person!

"Shivaay---close the window" she reached for her husband to push him but her hand touched empty cold bed. Scrunching her eyes, she opened them to look at the clock on the table beside her which showed it to be eight in morning. It was weekend. Why was he up this early?

Uhh! She hates morning people!

Turning on Layman through the switch behind the bed Annika asked "Where is Shivaay Layman?"

"He is in Ayah's room—remember today is Ayah's birthday?"

"Of course, but she is just a year-old child----why would he wake her up this early despite it being her birthday?" She pushed down the comforter and wearing her comfy sleepers sauntered toward the room beside her own, the one where Ayah slept.

Her Nursery was adorned with the theme of fantasy and magic. The pale cream, brown and faded pink colour palette with stars, moons and galaxies elements gave it a very beautiful touch. A small bed was placed in the centre surrounded by round curtain of brown silk, in one corner were her various toys while in the other was a white feathery tent in which she played with her father and dear uncles. In another corner was a soft pink baby swing that held star shaped cushions, once the light is turned off the entire room gets projection of space by Layman.

In total Ayah's nursery felt like a child's paradise.

It had been a year today to her birth, a year of her being a mother. There were many learnings, few setbacks and many-many beautiful moments. Ayah undeniably brought a lot of changes in their life, she changed both of their priorities and the way they dealt with problems.

She looked at the small bed to see a sleeping Ayah curled up to her sleeping Dad who somehow had managed to fit himself in this small bed. Ayah truly loved cuddles especially the one that came from Shivaay, the moment he would hold her she would just shrink in his warmth.

"When did he come here?" she asked in a whisper.

"At midnight" answered Layman making sure the voice was low. Annika closed the baby monitor in the room that still was working before looking at the two most precious people in her life all cuddled up. There was something so beautiful about the way Ayah was hiding her face in his neck and Shivaay have completely pulled her up on his body, holding her with his arms.