THE POISON DAMSEL

Verendus

(adj.) to be feared, worthy of reverence 

_____________________

Sorry for the delay, Had assignments to do---still have sone left 🤷‍♀️

"What have you—" He coughed hard "---done to me?" his nerves felt on fire

"What have you—" He coughed hard "---done to me?" his nerves felt on fire. A drop of blood fell down from his eyes and his skin felt being scraped away. It was so painful that he couldn't even see clearly anymore. A tension was spread through even men there and the people on screen.

It was just Annika who was dangling in her bind and laughing her heart out. She was bound, her shoulders were dislocated. Blood was flowing from her forehead and her busted lips but every, single men with guns present there felt shiver from her laughter.

"What is happening Shikhar" someone Annika didn't recognize from the screen asked Shikhar who picked up the remote and threw it toward the screen breaking it off and severing the connection. Holding his pain inside he walked to Annika and raised his paining arms to hold her hairs "What the fuck have you done to me?"

"I did nothing Shikhar" answered Annika innocently "See I am tied. I haven't even touched you on the other hand ----well you went on inhaling me---"

They stopped hearing another cough and turned to see Talvar the guard who checked Annika and brought her inside was coughing blood like Shikhar was doing. Every man there looked disturbed at each other taking a step back. It was like a nightmare. What was happening?

"Why do you always misunderstand me for a damsel in distress Shikhar?" Annika asked, her smirk lightening even her beat up face "Why do you even think you can make me ever be helpless? I am the Annika Jayant Deshmukh now Annika Shivaay Deshmukh" she scoffed "Give me some credit dude after all like you said I am a worthy enemy!"

"Shut---" he couldn't even complete as a blinding pain sent him reeling back.

"Have you ever heard about Vishkanya Shikhar?" She asked with amusement filling in her voice "Also known as the poison damsel."

"Time for some teaching people" she announced in her cheerful voice "There are many essences of Vishkanya, In the Skanda Purana, a girl is born when the sun is in the constellation Chitra or the moon in the fourteenth lunar day is stated to be fated to become a Vishkanya. But according to Indian history, The Poison Damsel is a literary figure that appears in Sanskrit literature as a type of assassin used by kings to destroy enemies. The story goes that young girls were raised on a carefully crafted diet of poison and antidote from a very young age, a practice referred to as mithridatism. Although many would not survive, those that did were immune to other poisons and their body fluids would be poisonous to others; sexual contact would thus be lethal to other humans. There also exists a myth that says a Vishakanya can cause instant death with just a touch. I don't know how true either of this is but isn't it fascinating?"