THE BAD ONE

Parastin 

(verb) protect, to keep safe

"Mal--lika---" Shivaay whispered in his weak voice

"Mal--lika---" Shivaay whispered in his weak voice. He tried hard to figure out the face but his hazy vision and fading brain focus won't allow. Even all the voice registered so blurred that it was difficult to distinguish. The person said, she was Mallika but then why he could feel her here. His beasty!

"Ann---" his throat clogged before he could say anything. Feeling it like something stuck out there. It felt like darkness slowly engulfing him. Annika looked at him for a moment before turning back toward Naresh "Look, trust me. You won't get anything out of killing Shivaay. Shikhar doesn't care. He doesn't care for anyone but himself."

"He is a father—" argued Naresh but his hold on Shivaay went lose.

"You really think a man like Shikhar would have parental feelings? He left his family. He filed a trademark suit against his own son. Please trust me he doesn't care---"

"He—he ruined my daughter's life. You don't get it. I saw her burned body. My little princess who was so full of life killed herself. She burned herself alive because she was disgusted by her ownself. You don't get----" His whimper stopped his words while tears left his eyes. Annika really felt bad for him  at this moment. She could almost see her own father there.

"I do understand it, Uncle. I am also your daughter age and trust me I know the feeling she must have gone through" She kept taking steps back, meanwhile from the other side Om and Rudra slowly entered "But trust me even Maahi wouldn't want her father to take life of an innocent. She wouldn't want her father to be a murderer."

"How do you know?" he asked, his voice low as he heard his daughter's name. The gun now down.

"I researched for you. Maahi loved you Uncle, she really did. She wouldn't want you to ruin your entire life over a revenge like this" Annika tried to convince him "Killing Shivaay won't get you justice for Maahi. Please stay the proud father she looked up to."

Tears escaped Naresh eyes but that's when he felt a movement on the other side and as he turned to look back at Om and Rudra, Annika kicked him on his hand, throwing the gun away and head locked him down on the floor in one go making him yelp in both surprise and pain.

"Look dude, I do get your pain. Trust me I do relate to it but while Maahi was your family the person you are trying to kill is mine. So, no offense Manjrekar, I can't allow it" She gestured Om and Rudra to open the rope when she felt a pinch on her waist before Naresh hit her with a rod on her head.

"Annika—" called Om, worried but Annika just showed a palm asking them to focus on the plan.

"Did you just pinch me dude?" She frowned, standing up and touched her forehead that was now bleeding "I swear if this leave a scar on my gorgeous face. I'll hunt you down." Naresh looked at her weirdly for a moment. This lady was so self-obsessed.