WHAT HE WAS

Anhedonia 

(n.) the feeling of not caring anymore

__________________

This is the last chapter of this books!

I am so sorry for the abrupt ending but i have too much college work to get time to write ahead!

"Assign a psychiatrist to Deniz, she still has serious illusions and nightmares" Om ordered handling over a file to one of his assistants after coming out of the room assigned to the sixteen-year-old Deniz

"Assign a psychiatrist to Deniz, she still has serious illusions and nightmares" Om ordered handling over a file to one of his assistants after coming out of the room assigned to the sixteen-year-old Deniz. Adjusting his specs, he took the next file going through the person's name and details when the reverberating voice of Layman drew his attention.

"Some more people have been rescued, a ship would bring them here in about an hour"

"Please tell me they were rescued either by Siddharth or Ales" he requested almost begging but the next answer extinguished his hope "No, it was Shivaay along with his group."

A subordinate working gave Om a nod to which he gave a fake smile before walking back into his cabin. Settling defeated on his chair he looked at the picture of Annika in the photo frame on the table, her face not beaming with a smile but adorned with her trademark smirk.

It had been six months, six months to the fateful day. The day that sent Annika away from them in that deep sleep, the day when he didn't just loose the girl, he love but also the day he last saw his brother inside the man who only looked like him but had nothing of what made him Shivaay.

Not only him, a lot have changed over the months. He had shifted to Oikos handling THE HOME. Living away from his family.

Family? He wanted to laugh at the word. There doesn't seem to be a family anymore. Shivaay was the one who held them together and now when he stopped caring, everything went downhill. They had not seen their mother since that day she walked out of Deshmukh Residence that day and despite everything that happened, Om was worried where she went.

Their Dadi died four months ago and that was the last straw for the family of Oberois.

The brothers barely talked to each other now, after Annika there was too much work to do for everyone. Soumya had to handle a lot while also keeping Annika's state under wrap. No one in outside world except few trusted people knew about Annika's state, for everyone she was working in her lab over some new projects.

Rudra now lived with Soumya helping her deal with the overload of the work. He anyway wanted to stay away from Shivaay as much as possible. It was unbearable for him to see his superman like that!

Shivaay doesn't care to stay in contact, Om talks to Rudra ones in a while over call but Shivaay would never be available. He was always on some rampage that would only end in blood and terrifying screams.