THE CHOSEN KINDNESS

Onerous

(adj) difficult to do or deal with 

__________________________________

Warning: Mention of trauma and child abuse. 

I am no therapist so like always I am showing this from a fictional standard. it's only based on my reserach or knowledge. Pardon me!

"Look who is here? You remember my existence after almost a year Dr

"Look who is here? You remember my existence after almost a year Dr. Deshmukh" taunted Rohit leaning on his office chair as Annika and Shivaay walked inside with Shivaay still a bit unsure about the whole ordeal.

It was the following weekend ever since he agreed to seek help for his mental health. He was yet not sure if he would be able to say everything, he had kept inside him for so long but he had to try. Try for his little miracle. His Mini Beasty.

"Don't be so overdramatic brother" remarked Annika sitting on a chair while Shivaay took the one besides, giving a slow greeting nod to Rohit.

"Overdramatic? It's been a year since I haven't even heard from you Annika. Layman said you were busy with some super important project and can't take any call. Shivaay would also just answer in a haste and then drop it" he gave her a pointed look "You didn't even come to see my daughter Ronakshi despite me sending you and Shivaay both an invitation. Shivaay only responded by sending a gift box" He looked at Shivaay who gave a small guilty smile looking down.

"You have a daughter?" Annika perked up beaming "Same Pinch brother!"

"Yes, I have a daughter who you couldn't even come to see---wait a minute" he held his words, realizing her next sentence "What do you mean by Same pinch?"

"Same pinch?" She frowned a bit "You don't know what a same pinch is? It's like what you have even I have. Haven't you done this as kids?"

"Annika, I know what same pinch is, what do you mean by same pinch when I said I have a daughter"

It can't be what he is thinking!

Come-on that's not possible!

She would have informed him if it would have happened

"Oh, I have a daughter too. She was born like a month ago" answered Annika, then pointed at Shivaay "God really wanted to complete his wish of a Mini Beasty. I am thinking Mahadeva likes this guy for having the similar name."

"You are joking?" he laughed awkwardly, his hand fiddling with the drawer that held aspirin for the sessions with Annika "You are just pulling my leg, right?"

"Why would I joke about that?" She asked giving him a bored look "It's not even funny. I am a mother now. I have to take care of a little creature. You know I have read like sixteen books and fifty-five articles over being a mother by now."