CELEBRATE THE PAIN

Sonder

(n.) The realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own

"I chose you; I chose Shivaay" said Mallika, Shivaay looked taken aback for a moment

"I chose you; I chose Shivaay" said Mallika, Shivaay looked taken aback for a moment. He thought she would choose Sid at least after hearing his confession of love. He looked at Annika who shook her head, before wrapping his arms around Mallika "You sure marshmallow?"

"I am" she said, her eyes closed. Face hidden in his chest. "I want you as my husband Shivaay. My forever. I love you. I---I don't love him. Not anymore. In fact, I never did. It was a mistake."

Om looked at Siddharth with eyes full of sympathy, Mallika didn't realize just how badly she broke his heart at the moment. Choosing Shivaay over him was already heart wrenching for him to add to it she denied their love. She named it a mistake!

Siddharth looked at her in Shivaay's arms and he could feel like his heart was falling in a pit, tears clogged his eyes. He chuckled "Mistake? Of course, it was a mistake" While Shivaay tried to pull away hearing Siddharth, Mallika held onto him, fisting the collar of his black shirt. She can't see him like this. She can't bear his tears. She can't see him heart broken even if she is the reason of it.

"But the issue is you looked me into my eyes for a little too long to 'never have been in love with me' Mallika"

"She chose-----" Rudra started to defend Mallika but Om held his hand, shaking his head in negative. The extent to which Mallika have broken Sid at the moment was so deep that it was drowning his soul, in that moment he was building a wall around himself. A wall which wouldn't be easy for Mallika to break.

"I made a mistake Mallika I agree, hell punish me all you want for it but is it worth a life time punishment? A life time to see you as someone else wife, as someone else's children's mother? My one decision taken out of fear is worth condemning what we had as a mistake? Was your love this feeble?" he accused her; his eyes now angry "and in the entire world you chose my best friend to punish me with it. Not only did you snatch my love from me, you FUCKING SNATCHED MY BEST FRIEND TOO!"

A sob escaped Mallika as she tried to cling on to Shivaay more, Shivaay looked at Siddharth "She didn't snatch your best friend Siddharth Vikram Rana, you lost him to your lie. You know me better than her and how much a lie hurt to me. Still, you chose to lie to me. The day I accepted Mallika's proposal I asked you directly, have you never loved her? And you straight away lied."

"Shivaay---" Sid looked at her, eyes guilty. Then he shook his head "I---I---need to go" with this he turned away and walked out of the gate while Mallika sobbed more in Shivaay's arms.

Annika stood up from her place picking up a bottle of vodka and two glasses, she walked up to Shivaay and Mallika and shook her head in disbelief "Keep fucking up your life like this dear sister and I would have to do nothing to ruin it!"