A DEVIL SIDE

Moribund

(adj.) in a dying state, near death

___________

Warning: Pretty long chapter

"How the hell did you put a tracking chip on Shikhar Oberoi Annika?" asked Ales, the coffee cup in his hand stuck in midair the moment Annika told him that now they can track Shikhar Oberoi

"How the hell did you put a tracking chip on Shikhar Oberoi Annika?" asked Ales, the coffee cup in his hand stuck in midair the moment Annika told him that now they can track Shikhar Oberoi. They had been trying it for years but couldn't get a chance. The dude was sharp as shark.

"Exactly Dii, I have tried myself but it's difficult to reach him" Somya too commented. They both were on virtual call with Annika who was sitting on the couch in her lab with a smug face taking a sip of the apple juice.

"It's difficult to reach him Junior, so you should just let him reach you" replied Annika, placing her feet one upon another on the table in front. She was so proud of what she did.

"What?" asked Ales, frowning.

"Today was Shivaay's hearing for the case" She said taking a pause and smirked "And thought I did go there to support him. There was no harm in doing something more was it?"

"What did you do Bella?" asked Ales, with pointed glaze.

"Stop giving me looks. I just wanted to get him alone, a little unfocused. How else would I have put the trackers on him?" She rolled her eyes at his glare.

"sei arrabbiato" Ales shook his head "Annika, he triggers your panic attack. I know you are strong but some things are medical and no one understand it better than you." This girl really gets him worried even when she is countries away.

"I agree with brother, there was no need of all this" Somya to put forward while going through a file "We would have figured out something else. It was way too risky"

"Even Kiddo knows better" The statement of Ales had Somya frowning, as she looked at him with pointed eyes "For last time I am not a kiddo." She hates how he address her like a small child. She runs a multinational empire dude. You can't call her Kiddo.

"Okay" replied Ales than with a smirk added "Kiddo!"

"Ahh! I hate you" she said thrashing the file on the table.

"Love you too kiddo" Ales still continued with that smirk and Annika rolled her eyes at how both of them were being kid at the moment. She truly has crazy companions.

"On a serious note, what did you do Annika? How did you put a tracker and he didn't even notice?" asked Ales after wiggling his eyebrows at Somya who gave him stink eyes. They were truly soul siblings.

"Well over the years I realized that there is no way you can make Shikhar impulsive and make a mistake. He plans too well. You can't outsmart him in that. There is only one weakness we could exploit. His desire to dominate. To be the one in control of the moment" started Annika, looking at her finger nails "It's like a drug to him. So today I let him float in that drug. Let him believe that he was in control of the moment. He had me feeling and thinking exactly what he wanted."