EYE OF HIS STORM

Marcid

(adj.) withered; incredibily exhausted 

Shivaay moved his hands on the bed, still half asleep but when his hand didn't come across the familiar touch of his wife, he woke up with a jerk

Shivaay moved his hands on the bed, still half asleep but when his hand didn't come across the familiar touch of his wife, he woke up with a jerk. The dreading sense of déjà vu gripping him. He ripped away the cover "Annikaa—" he yelled for her heading to check in the washroom.

"I am here Shivaay" She came out of the balcony attached to their room, dressed up in a thin strip white top and denim shorts. She looked at his panicked face while he rushed up to her and pulled her to his chest, breathing in her scent.

She is okay. It's okay. She is back. Everything is fine!

He repeated those chants while Annika sighed, holding him close and rubbing her fingers through his hairs. It had been two weeks since she woke up but he doesn't seem any better. His nightmares were frequent, if he doesn't find her beside him when he wakes up, he would freak out and he would still not hold Ayah.

He would do everything for her but from a distance. In fact, it seemed he kept a distance from her too. He wouldn't initiate any kind of intimacy with her and when she does kiss him, he breaks it off very soon. His touch toward her were very conscious, it's like he has set it in his mind that he would hurt whosoever he touches.

"I had an early call with an investor from Arab. I was just outside in the Balcony taking it" She explained him politely feeling his heart beating widely under her "Are you okay?"

"Ya—Ya I am just" he pulled away rubbing his fingers through his tousled morning hairs "Just wake me up next time" he looked at the wall clock that showed quarter before ten in morning "I think I overslept."

"You were out late last night. It's okay" She consoled "And Shivaay we need to talk about your nightmares and panic attacks."

"I am fine. Its goanna go away now that you are awake and fine" He held her chin and sighed in relief when she leaned into his touch like always. Touching her make him feel a little less war torn. He isn't sure anymore what peace is supposed to feel like but for him it was this moment.

"It won't go away on its own Shivaay. We need to seek professional help" She kept her palm over his on her face "I really wish the whole quote of love heals everything was true in real life but love alone isn't enough. Trauma and anxiety need to be handled professionally to heal---"

"Annika I said I am okay!" He insisted, scrunching his eyes to control himself.

Annika couldn't help but raise her voice at the dismissal "Stop saying you are okay when you aren't. Stop sending the message that what and how you feel right now is okay with you. It can never mean something to someone else if it doesn't mean something to you Shivaay."

"Annika I am not sick" he snapped, pulling away "Stop making it sound like I have gone crazy or something. I just had gone through a bad phase and everything would go back to the way it was---- soon" With this he walked inside the washroom, slapping the door with a loud noise.