PERSONIFICATION OF AUTUMN

Rudeneja

(v.) the way the nature and/or the weather begins to feel like Autumn

_____________

Warning: Disturbing Violence and Abuse scenes!

That feeling, the hefty feeling you have when you know that things are going to change drastically

That feeling, the hefty feeling you have when you know that things are going to change drastically. For better or worse not sure but they will. That the last few chapters of an important tale have began and while you have no idea if the epilogue is happy or tragic, the sense of an end, a drastic change looms.

This is what Annika felt when she picked up her cell to talk to Shikhar. Her fingers gripped the phone tighter then required. She didn't let it show in her voice though, she knew she felt the fear but she also knew she wasn't going to show it.

"I am expecting a reply darling" the voice from the other side, reverberated in the very being in her. It was like being back in that prison, chained, bruised, screaming except no voice left her mouth.

"I am so sorry if the delay made you upset with me" Shikhar mocked, his voice holding that dark humour "But now I am here come-on. I just wanted to bring this special day of us on your birthday. I mean what could be more poetic than beginning your destruction on the day you were born right?"

"What do you want?" She asked after a moment, putting a level voice.

"Oh no it's you who would want what I have to offer Buttercup" The absolute delight in his voice was unsettling "By the way where is Shivaay?"

A fear gripped Annika's heart and before she could stop herself, she pulled away the phone from her ears and asked Layman "Where is Shivaay Layman?"

"He is in the garden talking to Om on a call" answered Layman and before she could even take a sigh of relief, the diabolical mirth coming through her phone drove her attention back "Ahh the way it's amusing how much you love him" He faked disappointment "You could love my son, my second copy but absolutely detest me? Is it fair?"

"Come to the point why did you call?"

"Well, just wanted to return your sister" he said almost stilling her there frozen. It felt difficult to take another breath. God how? How did he reach to Mallika? It couldn't be.

"Layman where is Mallika?" she asked and after a moment Layman answered "She is in north west part of Pal Miyawaki Forest, in the reserved part."

Her blood went cold realizing which place it is, the very central location of Shikhar's residence "What is she doing there? Why was I not informed about her being taken away? What's wrong with the chip inside her?"

"She went there willingly Annika" answered Layman "There was no sign of fear or anxiety to take a reaction."

Why would Mallika go there willingly at all? God how could she make this mistake?